Rank II

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ament
Member #

I’m leading an overland trip to New Mexico, planning from Socorro down to White Sands and over to Elephant Butte and Truth & Consequences. Looking for some good trail recommendations for the area. Thank you.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Will it be open to Overland Bound members? If so, what dates?

Reactions: azandrew

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I’m leading an overland trip to New Mexico, planning from Socorro down to White Sands and over to Elephant Butte and Truth & Consequences. Looking for some good trail recommendations for the area. Thank you.
I recommend the NMBDR. Route downloads are free on the backcountry discovery routes website.

azandrew

Rank II

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ament
Member #

I recommend the NMBDR. Route downloads are free on the backcountry discovery routes website.
Thank you!

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Brian Glendenning

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Socorro, NM
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Glendenning
Member #

From Socorro, west past Magdalena, then south through Bear trap Canyon, drive in the direction of Beaverhead, and then drive south between the Aldo Leopold and Gila wilderness is a nice drive. Probably above 7k' the entire distance, so it will be cold.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We’ve already have a group of 6-8 going from AZ. Anymore than that I think would be too much. If you are interested I may be able to add one more. Jan 28-31.
Thanks, it's quite tempting. I was just curious if there was going to be an open Rally Point. I may have a big trip in Feb and it would be tough to do both.

azandrew

Rank II

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ament
Member #

From Socorro, west past Magdalena, then south through Bear trap Canyon, drive in the direction of Beaverhead, and then drive south between the Aldo Leopold and Gila wilderness is a nice drive. Probably above 7k' the entire distance, so it will be cold.
Thank You!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew