Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Quick overnight trip...Hi Mountain Road, showed the boys how to spot, aka..."Hey go look and see if any part of my truck is going to hit the ground." Saw some tarantulas, which we thought were awesome until the two bears entered the view. That's something I won't forget. Huge full moon, s'mores, glow sticks...the whole 9. Campin'.jpg Hammerin'.jpg Campin2.jpg new Spotter.jpg New Pet.jpg To Pismo Beach.jpg

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

"No, we can't bring him home..."

We watched this one for 15 minutes. It couldn't have cared less that we were there. As we pulled away, there was another about 50ft to the right of this one. For those of you that know the area, this was less than a quarter mile from the cal fire/forest service office near the Pozo Saloon.

.Run!.jpg

JLynnJohnston

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Member #

"No, we can't bring him home..."

We watched this one for 15 minutes. It couldn't have cared less that we were there. As we pulled away, there was another about 50ft to the right of this one. For those of you that know the area, this was less than a quarter mile from the cal fire/forest service office near the Pozo Saloon.

.View attachment 517
My girl and I love it up there!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: BCBrian and SLO Rob

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Some great areas out in Pozo and Los Padres! Well when the roads are open! Thanks for sharing

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Did you start on the pozo side or the lake lopez side? And was it rutted out bad?

Sent from my SM-G360P using OB Talk mobile app
I've done both. But it's been closed during all the rain storms. They close it at the drop of a hat as there's steep sides to the dirt road. It can be, and usually is rutted, but to prepare for wildfires, they scrape it in the spring. Running either way is fun, but I like ending at the north end to go to the Pozo Saloon!

Reactions: roamingram44

roamingram44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bowling green ky
Member #

Ive been going from the lopez side but it was really badly rutted in one spot so i had to turn around im making it my mission as soon as this rain stops to make it all the way through.

Sent from my SM-G360P using OB Talk mobile app