Central Canada thread!

• HTML tutorial

ManitobaOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Manitoba
Checking in to the forums out of Winnipeg - I'm active on Instagram under the same name. A number of you I already know from there :)

'91 FJ80 and 2015 Outback for rigs.

Got out this weekend with the Team4 guys. We hit some forest trails up near Grand Marais.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ManitobaOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Manitoba
If you (or anyone reading this really...) are heading this way I typically camp near the Ontario/Manitoba border just into Ontario (near Kenora area) and if you want to head that way to camp WAY off the beaten path I can steer you in the right direction. A vehicle with good ground clearance is required (stock 4x4 are typically ok if they don't have any of that crappy plastic faring on the underside).

Just fire me a msg for more details.
View attachment 5663 View attachment 5664
This place looks awesome :)

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Those sound like fantastic trips!!

I'm only going camping in the bush for a few weeks straight.

One day I'll travel more... likely when I retire.

Reactions: Buehler

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Those sound like fantastic trips!!

I'm only going camping in the bush for a few weeks straight.

One day I'll travel more... likely when I retire.
Nothing wrong with that. There are many great places in Canada, and not enough people go see them. Had a great time on our NW expedition last weekend.

Reactions: Buehler

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Any ideas for area to look at camping in the west man region? I'll be out there this summer and I haven't seen much about camping in that area on the forums.

What are you looking for? I just did most of the north and west for the long weekend. Riding Mountain National Park just north of Brandon is nice around Clear lake. Farther northwest is Duck Mountain Provincial Park. Blue lake has been recommended by a bunch of people, but haven't made it there yet. Farther west is Asessippi PP along Lake of the Prairies, good fishing, lots of family activities. If you want a bity more seclusion head farther North to Bell Lake, campsites, but no services, or if you want more services, North Steeprock Lake a few km farther up the same road. I can probably recommend a few more.

carter.plett

Rank 0

Traveler I

Portage la Prairie, MB, Canada
First Name
Carter
Last Name
Plett
What are you looking for? I just did most of the north and west for the long weekend. Riding Mountain National Park just north of Brandon is nice around Clear lake. Farther northwest is Duck Mountain Provincial Park. Blue lake has been recommended by a bunch of people, but haven't made it there yet. Farther west is Asessippi PP along Lake of the Prairies, good fishing, lots of family activities. If you want a bity more seclusion head farther North to Bell Lake, campsites, but no services, or if you want more services, North Steeprock Lake a few km farther up the same road. I can probably recommend a few more.
Thanks a bunch! Yah I'm looking for random camping no services or anything and yah I'll be in the riding mountain area for the summer so I'm just looking for places to camp around there whenever I got time.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
Going to Iceland for 2 weeks. Renting a 4x4 and going through the interior. Should be pretty sweet. Hoping to go yukon next year.
Please let me know how you like it and some of the sites you see ... My wife and I are leaving for Iceland for 11 days on Oct. 23. We have rented a 4x4 SUV and will be based in three different locations while there: four days in Reykjavik, three days in Akureyri and four days on the Snæfellsnes Peninsula ... We will be spend most days traveling around the country looking for waterfalls, glaciers, etc, and nights anxiously awaiting the appearance of the Northern Lights. Not sure if it qualifies as overlanding because we are staying in permanent structures each night, but I'm gonna go ahead and call it an overlanding trip :sunglasses:

Last edited:

Bulldoug

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Canadian Rockies, 'Berta, Canada
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Broich
Hey guys, new member from Regina Sk . Lived in Banff AB for 13 years after being born and raised in Vancouver BC so I've seen and explored a ton of western Canada. MIddle of a light build on my new '16 Tacoma. Hopefully we can figure out some trips and meets with everyone.
Heading down to Moab this summer for a 3ish week round trip with my son for August. Should be great first trip in the Taco.

Db

Truck1.jpg

Buehler

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Regina Saskatchewan
Member #

If anyone is interested in our Yukon and other trips. Check us out on Facebook @buehleradventure.

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Please let me know how you like it and some of the sites you see ... My wife and I are leaving for Iceland for 11 days on Oct. 23. We have rented a 4x4 SUV and will be based in three different locations while there: four days in Reykjavik, three days in Akureyri and four days on the Snæfellsnes Peninsula ... We will be spend most days traveling around the country looking for waterfalls, glaciers, etc, and nights anxiously awaiting the appearance of the Northern Lights. Not sure if it qualifies as overlanding because we are staying in permanent structures each night, but I'm gonna go ahead and call it an overlanding trip :sunglasses:
Had a great trip, did a circle of the Ring Road. as well as East and West Fjords, Diamond circle, Lake Myvatn, and Northen most point. Didn't ever get dark, so no Northern lights for us. There is no shortage of spectacular waterfalls and views. I had trouble trimming down my actual photo album to about 900ish pictures, and only put up about 30 in the link below. Feel free to msg me if you want more details/questions.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/iceland-summer-trip.8436/

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
Had a great trip, did a circle of the Ring Road. as well as East and West Fjords, Diamond circle, Lake Myvatn, and Northen most point. Didn't ever get dark, so no Northern lights for us. There is no shortage of spectacular waterfalls and views. I had trouble trimming down my actual photo album to about 900ish pictures, and only put up about 30 in the link below. Feel free to msg me if you want more details/questions.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/iceland-summer-trip.8436/
I love the photos you posted ... I can't wait until October ... Any recommendations for restaurants in Reykjavik? Also, I'm putting together a list of places (waterfalls, mainly) that my wife wants to visit ... I would like to forward you the list. You may have advice, directions or photographs that will prove helpful ... Thank you!

P.S. Can't wait to see more of your photographs!

Leite.Cruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg
If you (or anyone reading this really...) are heading this way I typically camp near the Ontario/Manitoba border just into Ontario (near Kenora area) and if you want to head that way to camp WAY off the beaten path I can steer you in the right direction. A vehicle with good ground clearance is required (stock 4x4 are typically ok if they don't have any of that crappy plastic faring on the underside).

Just fire me a msg for more details.
View attachment 5663 View attachment 5664
Hey man, would be stoked to hear more about your spot. Heading out that way in two weeks.

Reactions: TacoVenturer87