Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Francisco Bay Area
First Name
LouAnne
Last Name
Laflamme
Member #

Man wish i could make it, Sundays are tough for me but i will work On attending in March. I’ll try and keep up with the rally and meet up threads. I’m a newbie in concord and i drive a stock 99 pathfinder 4w

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Man wish i could make it, Sundays are tough for me but i will work On attending in March. I’ll try and keep up with the rally and meet up threads. I’m a newbie in concord and i drive a stock 99 pathfinder 4w
No problem, also check out the dublin meetup if that’s closer for you

Reactions: @llouie246

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay out to Lodi-Stockton-Manteca-Tracy-Modesto- Turlock regions. Anyone is welcome but this will give us a good group of who’s local to meet up, see each other’s rigs, and PLAN TRIPS. Our time will be spent learning from instructors and each other, understanding simple and advanced concepts of off roading, and to have fun!

Plan for the 3RD SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH AT 1PM. The meet will happen centrally in Ripon CA at Mountain Mike’s pizza; we can park along the side wall and grab food together and still be home before dinner and with time to prepare for the week. You can call ahead and order pizza as we will be using their meeting room. RSVP and let us know you are coming!

Can I come PapaDave?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just a quick reminder that a week from tomorrow we are meeting up again Feb 17th, 1-3pm at Mountain Mike’s pizza. Hopefully this storm will be cleared out by then! Bring your calendar and your rigs! Weather permitting we will do an open house of rigs so load them up and be ready to share your solutions to Overlanding. We will be discussing trips and making some general calendar events based off where you’d like to go. If you have been somewhere amazing then consider being the lead to create a Rally Point and help others experience what you have.

Let us know if you’ll be there. I’m going to load up my truck and open it all up as it’s often helpful to touch and see options for camping. See you there!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We are meeting tomorrow at 1pm at Mountain Mike’s Pizza in Ripon Ca. Bring your rigs rain or shine, load them up and come! We will be doing our lunch and discussion portion inside and then come out afterwards to visit rigs.

Good to see a number of people at the HAM CRAM today in Modesto. My 15 year old son Jake passed and I made him go and he knew absolutely nothing as he sat down for the class. If he can do it so can you :)

Can you see his genuine excitement?
C8214AD9-C14D-4E27-9600-514AD044B09C.jpeg

Reactions: Spaceburger

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Really cool get together! Thanks again PapaDave for putting this together. There were people from a lot farther than I was expecting, so that was pretty cool. And thank you to everyone who let us actually get hands on with their gear and check out their rigs! Lots of good ideas! Can’t wait to actually go out on a trip with some of you one day!

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
It definitely is! We will be there 1-3pm and will be setting our Mojave Road trip dates, reviewing navigation with Gaia Maps, and showing our rigs off! We also have a group chat that’s active as well on the messaging side of this forum.

See you then! St Patricks day

Reactions: Narbob

CM2080

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Twin Falls, Idaho, United States
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
M
Member #

It definitely is! We will be there 1-3pm and will be setting our Mojave Road trip dates, reviewing navigation with Gaia Maps, and showing our rigs off! We also have a group chat that’s active as well on the messaging side of this forum.

See you then! St Patricks day
Where is the chat side?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Where is the chat side?
Are you getting any emails in your inbox on this site? To the right of your little photo and screen name? We spammed a bunch of local people in an email blast

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
The emails are the chats back and forth. We’ve been discussing the plan for the upcoming meeting on Sunday.

Ok my Overland Bound friends, we have 3 things happening in less than a week.
  1. it’s St Paddy’s day on Sunday
  2. our next Central California meeting is this Sunday the 17th, 1-3pm, on St Patrick’s day
  3. you ARE coming and bringing your rigs this Sunday on St Patrick’s day!
At this meeting we will grab pizza and nail down the date for our Mojave Road trip weekend. If you have never been on a group trip this is a perfect first-trip for the whole family. I need to get permits started so we need our date locked in and will do the best we can to accommodate those who’d like to go. We will also discuss off road navigation and I’ll do a high level overview of Gaia maps on my iPad. Maps in some form, digital or paper, are absolutely critical to what we are doing and let’s demystify any concerns you might have!

See you this coming sunday

Dave

This is a link to OLB’s Mojave Road video, and Michael’s explosive radiator :)
@Michael

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
It is a busy weekend for OLB! We have a special guest coming to our meeting on Sunday, the Overland Bound Executive Director Kent Reynolds. He’s going to come and give some good input on Overlanding, trips, and living a life of adventure. He’s a great guy and glad to have him come.

Love you @Kent R :)

Last edited: