Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

Quick update: this past weekend I spent a day clearing some camping spots. My question is, Who would be tent camping and who has trailers? Would people prefer to be close together in a central spot, or be more dispersed? Don't forget to change your rsvp from maybe to going. This will help me a lot to save me from last minute work.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
We will be tent camping.

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
OK, I just changed my RSVP to "Going". I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be camping in my vehicle.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Things to remember: Cedar Key Weekend
**Primitive Camping**

1. Bring water
2. Way to dispose of waste. I will have a power Auger.
3. No fires at your site. Bring some fire wood for community fire
4. Food/beverages for yourself
5. Bug spray
6. Trash bags
7. Chairs
8. There is a Dollar General for forgotten items within 15 minutes (5 minutes by trails)

Best way to get there is HWY 24 to 347 make right go 4 miles to 61st St SW make right, go about 3/4 mile road will turn continue straight on 61st make first turn onto property, follow trail to the back of property.

Reactions: Ruben Ferran

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
No cut off time, get there when you can. Are you tenting it or do you have a trailer?

CPick

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West FL
Member #

Just found out about this get together. I've never been to an OB meet up. I can't stay over night due to previous commitment for Sunday, but would like to swing by on Saturday and maybe meet some peeps and check it out.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Just found out about this get together. I've never been to an OB meet up. I can't stay over night due to previous commitment for Sunday, but would like to swing by on Saturday and maybe meet some peeps and check it out.
See you on Saturday.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Fun weekend. Met some great new people. I’ll get some pictures up soon.

Thanks everyone!

TJ Willy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

New Port Richey FL
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ewing
Member #

Service Branch
U S Army
Wow! What a great time ! Ross an his wife were great host's. They have a very nice piece of real Florida. Literally in the middle of nowhere! Met some good people..an shared some good stories around the fire. Funny how a bunch of total strangers of the same interests can Meetup in the middle of the deep woods for a few days and leave as friends! How refreshing to have conversations about overlanding with others that ur everyday friends have no clue of what you are saying.. The weather was rainey but not bad as it was 10 miles north of us. They were pounded by the rain all weekend. But that's what makes a great adventure! It was sad that time went by so fast! But that's how it goes when ur having a good time! So thanks again to Ross an his wife for the invite an hope to Meetup again somewhere soon in Florida or the southeast. An also have to say thanks to Mike an his wife for creating such a great community of people! Merry Christmas to all an Happy New year! Until we can hit the trail again!