CDN M101 in Vegas

• HTML tutorial

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Headed up into the Spring Mountains last weekend with a fellow OB buddy and we found the last 2 miles of the trail to be running with snow melt resulting in quite a bit of erosion. As a result the trailer was off camber almost 45* at times. I have considered raising the RTT rack upwards of two feet to give easier access to the trailer and get the tent higher off the ground, but my experience last weekend has made me rethink that. I truly believe I would have tipped the trailer had i raised the center of gravity that much. I could go with a telescoping setup that raises the platform when setup, but I want to keep it simple. I'm thinking I'll stick with what I have.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Well, it's time to solve the problem of securing the top of the trailer. I ordered a pair of latches and will be heading over to a buddy's house tomorrow for the install. With about a 1" overhang, we will be fabbing up a mount.

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

Reactions: khorsa

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Not sure I ever mentioned it, but the trailer is frequently used for non-expedition activities. Having kept the trailer "empty" it still occasionally is used to haul stuff, I've strapped mattresses/box springs to the top, but most often load up guns and gear to go shooting out in the desert.

Reactions: khorsa

JohnM

Rank 0

Traveler I

trailer.PNG Do you have any problem with it tipping backwards? I was going to mount a stand on the back of mine but if its not needed...

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

View attachment 28683 Do you have any problem with it tipping backwards? I was going to mount a stand on the back of mine but if its not needed...
I've considered the same but have never actually felt it was necessary. The trailer is very stable with the RTT deployed and the additional weight of the tongue box with the battery only improves the CG by moving it forward.