Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I have a 2m Icom I'm looking to replace with a dial band and then I want to add the CB so I can have both. Some people I know are Hams, some have CBs, and some just yell at each other.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

Another Cobra 75 here, just to keep it all compact and under the passenger seat out of the way;
Everything is contained in the mic, so no worries about finding the best spot for a radio..

Picked up a fiberglass antenna from the local trucking shop and put it up front on the lightbar.

Reactions: Mvan49 and boss324

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't like the fiberglass antennas personally. I'll be running a good solid body side mount and a 102" stainless whip. I've had the best luck from them. I had one on my Jeep for years after the fiberglass one I bought first snapped of and just went directly to one for my K5. If the mount is grounded properly, there is no tuning since they are the proper length and they are tough.

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

I use the Antenna more to make sure my roof rack is going to clear going into parkades :tonguewink:
my VHF/UHF is much more reliable and entertaining than the CB.

Rob B

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Checking in on CB upgrades. I don't have one, and don't really need one except maybe on trail runs with you guys. Do you guys have a favorite hand held, and magnet antenna?

Mvan49

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Checking in on CB upgrades. I don't have one, and don't really need one except maybe on trail runs with you guys. Do you guys have a favorite hand held, and magnet antenna?
I just purchased the Cobra 75WXST. I went with that because it is very compact design. For an antenna I going with a 4 ft fire stick hard mounted at the back of the truck. This is my first CB so I can't comment on magnetic antenna.