Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Nice pic. I like that side of the park best. Love it there! Going on Thursday, windflowers should be blowing up!

Reactions: Jeffrey Richards

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Was in carrizo last weekend. The wildflowers are amazing right now. Don't bother if it's wet, there's nasty impossible mud up the hills, though soda lake rd. would probably be sloppy but doable. Turn up the Selby campground rd and stick to the right, passing the campground and head over the top of caliente peak for amazing views and draws full of flowers. Dispersed camping is allowed, so pick the best view to camp by. The weekend was very busy with day trippers, but the camping was spread out enough that it was very quiet when the sun went down. The flowers should be around for a few more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Just got back. My eyes are still seeing yellow! Went out to Wells Ranch and camped up in the Temblor range. Great fun.IMG_3952.JPGIMG_3958.JPG

Reactions: DaveL

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Yeah we got lucky I guess. My buddy is there right now in his Tacoma and said it poured pretty good last night but is sunny now.

OuterLimits

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Macho Grande
Member #

I was planning a trip to Carrizo 2 weeks ago and got sick. Trip cancelled.
Thanks to everyone for the amazing pics. I got my "contact high" from looking at them.