Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I need to get a GMRS radio/licence after this trip.

I probably should have asked this before; about how far down Craig Creek Rd is the camping spot we're hoping to grab? A couple miles or is it really close to Brown Mountain Beach Rd?
What frequency or repeaters will you be monitoring? I'm not familiar with what's in that area as far as amateur radio repeaters.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am out, got to much going on and need tomorrow to get it done. Yall be safe and have fun

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We're heading down off the mountain. I'll have Ch 15 GMRS set-up to monitor once we're down.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
What frequency or repeaters will you be monitoring? I'm not familiar with what's in that area as far as amateur radio repeaters.
I was already on the road when you sent this! I was going to look up what HAM repeaters were in the area that morning, but didn't get a chance to before leaving work.

I'll be posting some trip pictures later on!

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I was already on the road when you sent this! I was going to look up what HAM repeaters were in the area that morning, but didn't get a chance to before leaving work.

I'll be posting some trip pictures later on!
No issue! Maybe we can coordinate next time and do some repeater hunting or something. See what kind of distance we can get out of my little hand held beam.

Nice pictures!

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Thanks to everyone that came out. I had a great time - regrettably this was more of a camping club than it was an overland trip. Kyle - @johnniac57 - did cruise down Maple Sally on the way out which was pretty cool. I'm fresh out of ideas though. I am looking more to the west. The eastern start of the Georgia Traverse is close to home, but I know it is a stretch for the majority of this group which are in the CLT area. Someone else will have to step up to plan the next one. Be sure to keep an eye on the NC Piedmont/CLT Meet-Up Planning thread for anything upcoming. As always, happy trails.

Reactions: RickLB and TerryD