Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
My daughter has a Hyundai Tucson and is looking for one of those tents that attach to the rear of the vehicle when the hatch is up. She found one for $200. That’s way too cheap and will wear out really quickly, ( think department store tent ) . Does anyone have any recommendations for such a thing? Thanks in advance !

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Needle, thread, silnylon, and some sil net silicone sealant.

Store tents are still 10x more durable than a good backpacking tent.

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Those hatchback annex tents are great imo, obviously I don't know exactly which one yall see but I like them. Is the ability to attach to the Hyundai a requirement for you? I would do this personally: Quest Hitchline 6-Person Tent | Publiclands and it's freaking half off for black friday.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Those hatchback annex tents are great imo, obviously I don't know exactly which one yall see but I like them. Is the ability to attach to the Hyundai a requirement for you? I would do this personally: Quest Hitchline 6-Person Tent | Publiclands and it's freaking half off for black friday.
Not for me, and way too big. that, if it were for me I’d just get an Oz tent swag and be done with it. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: pcstockton

MiamiC70

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

My daughter has a Hyundai Tucson and is looking for one of those tents that attach to the rear of the vehicle when the hatch is up. She found one for $200. That’s way too cheap and will wear out really quickly, ( think department store tent ) . Does anyone have any recommendations for such a thing? Thanks in advance !