Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I just updated the Phone app to v. 11.5.0.0217. It loads faster and has only crashed once. I still like the Web version on a PC better.

Reactions: JacksonRL

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Daniel, could we create a cleanup event for this trip? I’m not sure how that works. And I don’t know how well Cape Lookout is maintained. I would imagine it is considering the fees for the permits and all. But I think it’d be great, even if it’s not official.

Ronny Woods

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Haddon Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Ronny
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Daniel, could we create a cleanup event for this trip? I’m not sure how that works. And I don’t know how well Cape Lookout is maintained. I would imagine it is considering the fees for the permits and all. But I think it’d be great, even if it’s not official.
Jackson - the North Carolina Beach Buggy Association might be a good organization to contact for beach cleanup during the trip for extra help.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hey guys, not to interrupt your conversation, nor burst your bubble, however, we were there last august. The Island is maintained by the National Park service. In 3 days of camping & exploring I didn’t see a single bit of trash anywhere. I mean nada, nothing, not even a stray matchstick. There is nothing to clean up. Just go and have a great time !

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Hey guys, not to interrupt your conversation, nor burst your bubble, however, we were there last august. The Island is maintained by the National Park service. In 3 days of camping & exploring I didn’t see a single bit of trash anywhere. I mean nada, nothing, not even a stray matchstick. There is nothing to clean up. Just go and have a great time !
Now that you mentioned it, I don't remember seeing any trash on the upper end at Hatteras NS either. I'm pretty sure if there was any the wind , storms and currents either bury it or blow it to Timbuktu. Actually, I do remember picking up some trash on the sound side last time I was there. Most everywhere I go I spend some time just to remove the incidental trash and litter. I don't do diapers though, naw. I think if an area is clean then the yahoos don't litter as much. Good theory anyway.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Now that you mentioned it, I don't remember seeing any trash on the upper end at Hatteras NS either. I'm pretty sure if there was any the wind , storms and currents either bury it or blow it to Timbuktu. Actually, I do remember picking up some trash on the sound side last time I was there. Most everywhere I go I spend some time just to remove the incidental trash and litter. I don't do diapers though, naw. I think if an area is clean then the yahoos don't litter as much. Good theory anyway.
I like your theory, if people see trash on the ground, the simpletons thinks that it is OK to leave more, after all, (I actually heard someone say a very long time ago) they pay people to pick it up. LOL in sadness. My wife and I corrected them on that one, loudly, sternly and with forceful tongue.

Reactions: danwyandt