Cape Lookout, NC

• HTML tutorial

Stratz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madison, AL
Member #

Thank you for posting! Arkansas Terry, JUBE and myself from Arkansas are planning a trip there in October. We are pretty excited about camping on the beach. Any helpful hints would be appreciated from someone who has been there.
BUG SPRAY, I REPEAT BUG SPRAY! Really that's the only issue we had.. also bring your own fire wood. Also if you use Davis Ferry to go to the island and say you forgot something they will go to the store pick it up and bring it to you on their next ferry ride. And yes you do have to pay for it but that is awesome. A couple that was on the ferry ride with us has been using them for years and said last year they brought them Skittles because the girlfriend was craving Skittles. And on the way coming back from someone staying in the cabins, told us because their son Was Bitten so much by the local bugs Davis fairy brought over some Benadryl for them. They sell bundles of wood for $5 I brought my own but it was good to have a backup if I went through too much. Now it might change in October, but if you decided to do a lighthouse tour it's $8 a person I believe you have to be 42 inches tall and they don't do tours on Mondays and Tuesdays. I'm not going to make any assumptions about you're driving experiences, but of course are down the tires and also make sure you have tent Stakes for sand if you're camping on the beach, because it's either no wind or a lot of wind.

My wife mentioned that I should add, if you guys are going there to collect seashells make sure to have a lot of extra room in your vehicle... I am not joking when I'm saying we brought Back over a hundred seashells and they are definitely massive ones.... So there's that... Lol it was a great trip and I will definitely be back!

Attachments

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

BUG SPRAY, I REPEAT BUG SPRAY! Really that's the only issue we had.. also bring your own fire wood. Also if you use Davis Ferry to go to the island and say you forgot something they will go to the store pick it up and bring it to you on their next ferry ride. And yes you do have to pay for it but that is awesome. A couple that was on the ferry ride with us has been using them for years and said last year they brought them Skittles because the girlfriend was craving Skittles. And on the way coming back from someone staying in the cabins, told us because their son Was Bitten so much by the local bugs Davis fairy brought over some Benadryl for them. They sell bundles of wood for $5 I brought my own but it was good to have a backup if I went through too much. Now it might change in October, but if you decided to do a lighthouse tour it's $8 a person I believe you have to be 42 inches tall and they don't do tours on Mondays and Tuesdays. I'm not going to make any assumptions about you're driving experiences, but of course are down the tires and also make sure you have tent Stakes for sand if you're camping on the beach, because it's either no wind or a lot of wind.

My wife mentioned that I should add, if you guys are going there to collect seashells make sure to have a lot of extra room in your vehicle... I am not joking when I'm saying we brought Back over a hundred seashells and they are definitely massive ones.... So there's that... Lol it was a great trip and I will definitely be back!
Definitely helpful. I figured on the bugs. My wife and I took a trip to dauphin island a few years back and the biting gnats were unbelievable around dark. We will definitely be stocked up on the bug spray and citronella stuff. Thank you for all the ferry and lighthouse info. We are pretty excited about going but the less surprises the better. lol

Reactions: Stratz

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Enjoying these posts. I'm thinking of a trip here this Fall. What time of year have you folks travelled here?

Stratz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madison, AL
Member #

Enjoying these posts. I'm thinking of a trip here this Fall. What time of year have you folks travelled here?
I posted this thread the day I got back, and that was the first time I've ever been there. If you have Instagram, Overland_Tennessee is currently there. His family is camping about two to three miles north from where I was set up. I was about a quarter mile south of mile marker 39. And so when I talk to you in one of my other groups was there the weekend before my trip. I'm guessing this time of year is probably the popular time. Although people do go there year-round according to the guy who owns the ferry I took over.

Attachments

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

I posted this thread the day I got back, and that was the first time I've ever been there. If you have Instagram, Overland_Tennessee is currently there. His family is camping about two to three miles north from where I was set up. I was about a quarter mile south of mile marker 39. And so when I talk to you in one of my other groups was there the weekend before my trip. I'm guessing this time of year is probably the popular time. Although people do go there year-round according to the guy who owns the ferry I took over.
Thanks for sharing this is a trip thats in our future

Sent from my SM-T713 using OB Talk mobile app