Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Anyone have experience in camping at race point Beach in cape cod?
You can't tent or trailer camp on the National Seashore beach. You can bring a truck camper, Class A, or Class C on the beach as long as it has holding tanks. You'll need a special pass for the camper and you must set up in designated camper areas only. There are some nearby campgrounds in Provincetown and Truro that you can basecamp from if you're tenting or have a trailered RV. I used to frequent The Race but haven't been out there in over a decade.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I'd love to be able to camp out right on a beach. What exactly do you mean "truck camper"? Do you mean a slide in?

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Yes, a slide in. Regulations require built in holding tanks so campers with cassette toilets or porta-potties wouldn't be allowed.
Blast! That seems to rule out trucks with camper shells on the bed. Unless I have a holding tank added under the passenger side...

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Def only slide in's with gray and black water tanks. I looked at this for months and tried to find ways around it but no dice. The same/similar rules apply to Nauset Beach as well.

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Def only slide in's with gray and black water tanks. I looked at this for months and tried to find ways around it but no dice. The same/similar rules apply to Nauset Beach as well.
Unless something has changed they will let Class C and Class A on Race Point. I know Sandy Neck beach lets A's and C's out there.

T_Forr

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Maryland
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Forr
Member #

Unless something has changed they will let Class C and Class A on Race Point. I know Sandy Neck beach lets A's and C's out there.
Sorry. Let me clarify. I mean it from a truck perspective. Only way to get out there and camping in a truck is a slide in.
Well that’s disappointing, was just starting to look into caping on race point for a trip in September. Good info though.