Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida, United States
First Name
Arman
Last Name
Serrano
Member #

Guys, I can find a definitive answer about this. I have America the beautiful pass, I I don't know if this pass is going to cover the White Rim trail overnight backcountry permit or Day Use permit. I can't find any information about it.

I'm afraid of go over there after hundreds of miles and found that I can't stay at White Crack campground.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I think if I remember correctly the white rim is a separate pass

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Yes, you must get a special pass for the White Rim trail.

Campsites on the White Rim trail are by reservation. Reservations open up 6 months in advance of a given date.

Start here.

Harley1903

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Craig
Member #

We were just there this past October. It's a free pass for both traveling and dispersed camping. Park Authorities keep track of how many are out and overnighting on a daily basis. Beautiful area

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
You definitely need reservations which can be very difficult to get. We wanted to go at the end of September but weren’t able to get a few spots until Oct 5/6 and this was right when the reservations opened up…
Go to recreation.gov

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Using Recreation.gov, I took the reservation process for one night at the White Crack campground through to the payment screen and saw no where to enter any Pass info (I have the Senior Pass which normally gets us in free and half price on camping on any federal public lands). Total on the payment screen was $36 for two people.

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Using Recreation.gov, I took the reservation process for one night at the White Crack campground through to the payment screen and saw no where to enter any Pass info (I have the Senior Pass which normally gets us in free and half price on camping on any federal public lands). Total on the payment screen was $36 for two people.
I have the senior (Geezer) Pass and was able to get our discount.I believe you enter that info when you set up your account on the website and it will apply the discount whenever you use it..

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

I have the senior (Geezer) Pass and was able to get our discount.I believe you enter that info when you set up your account on the website and it will apply the discount whenever you use it..
Thanks for the response. I have both my and my wife's old folks passes registered on the rec dot gov website but still have to manually enter one or the other each time I make a reservation. Seems kinda dumb that these are associated with my profile but not have one or the other automatically applied during the reservation process. Could be I'm doing something wrong but danged if I can figure out what. Maybe I confused them when I registered two different pass numbers???????? Were you able to get the site for half ($18) price?

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Question for you guys that have made reservations for White Rim on recreation.gov. Do you have to select each date/campsite and checkout/pay for it before adding a second or third night at a different campsite? Put another way, do you have to reserve each night separately? I'm on there now trying to learn how the system works so I can hopefully get a spot later this year and I can't figure out how to reserve multiple nights/campgrounds on the same reservation.