Norbwillm

Rank I

Contributor III

Australia
First Name
Laurie
Last Name
Andersen
My wife and I are looking to go to Slovenia this year's for 3 or 4 nights. Drive to Luton or Gatwick for a direct flight. Ljubljana itself looks beautiful and we plan to go to Lake Bled. Vintgar Gorge looks stunning too. Any canyoning been and have any tips or advice?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
My wife and I are looking to go to Slovenia this year's for 3 or 4 nights. Drive to Luton or Gatwick for a direct flight. Ljubljana itself looks beautiful and we plan to go to Lake Bled. Vintgar Gorge looks stunning too. Any canyoning been and have any tips or advice?
Slovenia is a country that has a lot to offer. Especially exciting nature. A few examples are: the white water river Soca, the Triglav National Park, Bled with Lake Bled (you have already mentioned it) and much more. An absolute highlight is a visit to the Postojna Cave, which can be visited on the cave railroad on a guided tour. Not far from there and also very exciting is Predjama Castle, a castle in a rock face.

When are you planning to go to Slovenia? Summer?

Noeltfg

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Seattle
First Name
Laurie
Last Name
Andersen
Stunning really clean beautiful place.
Ljubljana is a really nice small capital city. No cars in centre makes it very nice.
Lake bled is nice but get there early, as crowded/busy roads.
Canyoning Bled | Altitude-Activities.com
Kranjska Gora and Lake Jasna less busy and swimming/paddling in glacial water very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: El-Dracho