Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Canyon of the Ancients is on the Colorado Utah state line close to the Four Corners. Archeological interests. Ruins and cliff paintings of the ancestral Pueblo people. Great primitive desert camping opportunities. Very few people. Fun bit not too challenging 4x4 roads. Also fairly close to Moab, Mesa Verde and Canyonlands. IMG_2459_zpsn6dl4oj1.jpegIMG_2475_zps9sjuxs3u.jpegIMG_2401_zpsknyelwyt.jpeg

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

Headed that way myself at the end of the month, going to explore Canyon of the Ancients, Hovenweep NM, and Bears Ears. Hope the weather cooperates.

if anyone is interested , an aquaitence of mine, Bosquet Bill, has done a great job documenting his travels through the four corner states and beyond, including areas to camp and of course sights to see. Check out his blog.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Was considering adding this to my 2 week trip through CO later this year. Mesa Verde, Cortez in particular. Settles on staying in the mountains and doing 11k+ elevation driveable peaks in Ouray and central CO instead. I will do this when I do Moab sometime.