Rank I

Contributor III

Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Matterson
Hi All,

I have been roaming Canada BC for a long time but now find that most of my "roamies" have moved on to other hobbies. So maybe there are some like minded individuals here for exploring ...
I have made it all the way from the south end of BC to the arctic ocean and am running a 2nd Gen 4Runner.

I like exploring off road to find cool places, ghost towns, mines, or just for the heck of it on trails where cars and minivans are not at home. Ideally in small groups of people with the same interests or goals. Slightly modified 4x4 is ideal. Stock 4x4 will do in most cases.

Clean fun, exploring and enjoyment of the outdoors is the goal and no man (or woman) left behind.

:) Matt

What I am NOT looking for:
- hardcore wheeling, rock crawling
- vehicle bashing&trashing
- outdoor drink fests
- perma drunks
- reckless behavior against humans, animals or nature
- camping trips (i.e. staying in one place for the duration of the trip)

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi Matt, Welcome to Overland Bound! I don't think you will have much trouble checking off your wish list in this group. Everyone we have met so far has been pretty much like minded. We are not to far south of you in Washington State and do similar types of travel with a primary goal of minimal impact to the land we travel over, picking up what we can of what others may have left behind, and enjoying nature. we are well known for pretty much always arriving in camp at pr after dark due to spending too much time trying to see what's around the next corner lol. The forum pages is a good place to meet folks. but the best way to to keep an eye on the rally points for a trail ride, meetup or other event near you and meet some folks in person. Look forward to meeting you on the trail one day.

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Welcome! I'm in ontario and bounce between finding good trails to explore and find camps near water where I can fish, or rock crawling with buddies lol.
I actually have a buddy touring around BC right now, not sure where he is at the moment though.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

I have been roaming Canada BC for a long time but now find that most of my "roamies" have moved on to other hobbies. So maybe there are some like minded individuals here for exploring ...
I have made it all the way from the south end of BC to the arctic ocean and am running a 2nd Gen 4Runner.

I like exploring off road to find cool places, ghost towns, mines, or just for the heck of it on trails where cars and minivans are not at home. Ideally in small groups of people with the same interests or goals. Slightly modified 4x4 is ideal. Stock 4x4 will do in most cases.

Clean fun, exploring and enjoyment of the outdoors is the goal and no man (or woman) left behind.

:) Matt

What I am NOT looking for:
- hardcore wheeling, rock crawling
- vehicle bashing&trashing
- outdoor drink fests
- perma drunks
- reckless behavior against humans, animals or nature
- camping trips (i.e. staying in one place for the duration of the trip)
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt
Don't worry you are in the right place. You might find rehabilitated rock crawlers but for the most part we fit you bill.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB family.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello @MT4x4 , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.