Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

What permits do you need?
Have to register with county and reserve your spots, when you reserve they will email you after hours gate code. Need fishing permits to freshwater fish and they do allow hunting during appropriate seasons. It’s primitive camping so have to bring water but, they do offer a communal shower area and bathroom which is kept up quite nicely. They also provide port a potties near the campsites. 9 & 13 have the lake access.

Reactions: Wallygator

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
Thanks Ruben for taking time to answer all of my questions. I will check McCarthy Ranch out for the fall/winter overlanding season.

Reactions: Ruben Ferran

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
What made it difficult to pull the teardrop? Looks like you have plenty of room to maneuver.
@ Bubba, the road wasn't too rough, there were some areas where the two-track was pretty rutted out. This is Kelly Point overlook. The road getting there was a bit of a challenge in that it was a rather tight fit through the trees. The track runs through a pretty thick forest and I was scraping branches on the side of the truck and side of the trailer. Almost ripped off my trailer fenders on some trees. The rough area makes it so there isn't a lot of traffic out to this point, but it is well worth the trip.

Reactions: Wallygator

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
@ Bubba, the road wasn't too rough, there were some areas where the two-track was pretty rutted out. This is Kelly Point overlook. The road getting there was a bit of a challenge in that it was a rather tight fit through the trees. The track runs through a pretty thick forest and I was scraping branches on the side of the truck and side of the trailer. Almost ripped off my trailer fenders on some trees. The rough area makes it so there isn't a lot of traffic out to this point, but it is well worth the trip.
Hmmmmm, I have a 2500 RAM, she may be way too big to get through. Thanks for the info.

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
Sounds like a plan. Give me some heads up on your next one.