Camping suggestions in the area

• HTML tutorial

Pizza_Cutters

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello OBers,

I’m looking for a good spot to fish and camp next weekend in the Tahoe region, preferably defrosted with still water fishing. Any suggestions? Feel free to PM also

Thanks!

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

If you mean this weekend, there's a big storm rolling. You may want to consider postponing your trip. If not, be prepared - bring winter gear just in case. You don't want to end up in a compromising situation due to poor planning.

If you mean Memorial Day weekend, things should be cleared up by then but I would exercise caution still. Things in the Tahoe area over holiday weekends are usually quite crowded. You may want to consider going up to the Gold Lake area (referred to as the "Lakes Basin"). They may still have some snow but it is a fun/beautiful area. If not this trip, perhaps a future one.

I cannot provide any fishing recommendations as I'm not much of a fisherman.

Reactions: Pizza_Cutters

Pizza_Cutters

Rank 0

Contributor I

If you mean this weekend, there's a big storm rolling. You may want to consider postponing your trip. If not, be prepared - bring winter gear just in case. You don't want to end up in a compromising situation due to poor planning.

If you mean Memorial Day weekend, things should be cleared up by then but I would exercise caution still. Things in the Tahoe area over holiday weekends are usually quite crowded. You may want to consider going up to the Gold Lake area (referred to as the "Lakes Basin"). They may still have some snow but it is a fun/beautiful area. If not this trip, perhaps a future one.

I cannot provide any fishing recommendations as I'm not much of a fisherman.
I was considering Going memorial day weekend but I didn’t realize it was a holiday until you mentioned it. I was considering that area because I was also thinking of checking out the Sierraville Hot Springs. Thanks for the recommendation!

Pizza_Cutters

Rank 0

Contributor I

Does anybody have experience driving up the trail from lower sardine Lake to upper sardine Lake? On alltrails it says that the drive will require a lift and skids, my T4R is stockHeight and I want to know if it comes down to the driver or if what they are saying is true

Thanks!!

ben10

Rank II

Advocate I

It's not too bad. A little rocky, but I have been out there in a stock ranger with no problems. Take your time and if gets dicey go find other roads. It wont be clear for months tho. That area still has a ton of snow.

Pizza_Cutters

Rank 0

Contributor I

It's not too bad. A little rocky, but I have been out there in a stock ranger with no problems. Take your time and if gets dicey go find other roads. It wont be clear for months tho. That area still has a ton of snow.
Thanks! I will probably hold off for this weekend because we are expecting snow in the forecast. I guess it will be dry camping in BLM land this weekend