Camping in Florida

• HTML tutorial

Amartinez34

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, Fl
Member #

Thanks for posting. I've looked into the Bahia Honda park, but it's booked pretty solid all year...
I'm looking into John Pennekamp myself. I'd like to check out the sunken Christ statue. I've been told its about 15' down and can be reached via snorkeling alone.

Skitard93

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'm looking into John Pennekamp myself. I'd like to check out the sunken Christ statue. I've been told its about 15' down and can be reached via snorkeling alone.
Pennekamp is pretty awesome. If you go dive down to see Jesus bring a bag of peas or spray cheese!!! As soon as you spray the cheese fish come from EVERYWHERE. And it's fun to scare people with that haha. My uncle lives outside of pennekamp and have gone there my whole life. It's fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: Amartinez34

Amartinez34

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, Fl
Member #

Pennekamp is pretty awesome. If you go dive down to see Jesus bring a bag of peas or spray cheese!!! As soon as you spray the cheese fish come from EVERYWHERE. And it's fun to scare people with that haha. My uncle lives outside of pennekamp and have gone there my whole life. It's fantastic!

LOL! I've quite literally bent over laughing at the idea of freaking out the other swimmers with spray cheese... I'll post some info here once I get closer to making the trip a reality. Maybe we can turn it into an SFL meet up.

Skitard93

Rank 0

Contributor I

LOL! I've quite literally bent over laughing at the idea of freaking out the other swimmers with spray cheese... I'll post some info here once I get closer to making the trip a reality. Maybe we can turn it into an SFL meet up.
There could be no fish for miles around and you barely tap the bottle and they come by the millions to get the cheese! Hahaha it's so much fun. Especially around city girls ;) I'd love to join if I wasn't in Alabama!! Holler at me if you wanna know things to do man! I've been goin down there since I was a kid. The town is kinda ugly. But you get on the water.... And it's amazing!

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Reactions: Amartinez34

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

There could be no fish for miles around and you barely tap the bottle and they come by the millions to get the cheese! Hahaha it's so much fun. Especially around city girls ;) I'd love to join if I wasn't in Alabama!! Holler at me if you wanna know things to do man! I've been goin down there since I was a kid. The town is kinda ugly. But you get on the water.... And it's amazing!

Hey. Where in Alabama are you from? I'm originally from Mobile and have explored all over the state. Can you join us in Ocala?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Been camping in Fl along time here are some of our favorite places
Fort DeSoto, St. Pete
Curry Hammock, Key Marathon
Bahia Honda, Keys
John Pennekamp, Key Largo
Sebastian Inlet
Anastasia SP, St Augustine
Fort Pickens, Pensacola
Flamingo, Everglades
If anyone has any questions on campsites and camping in Fl. let me know, we have been almost everywhere

Reactions: #slowlaneJKU

Yota_Crazy_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Princeton, FL
Member #

Bahia Honda, Keys
John Pennekamp, Key Largo
Flamingo, Everglades

I second the above, just an FYI the campsites fill up pretty fast during the summer so I would plan accordingly. Also check for forecast prior to trip

David padro

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Florida
Member #

Hi
We saw your link and we are heading to Manatee Springs state park we had to reserve a rv&tent area to be able to use the jeep with the roof top tent
We will post how I went
Thanks
David & Vanessa

Reactions: ClarkT