Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

For me, researching for a place to worship is as important as that perfect campsite while distance overlanding.

While driving towards Hot Springs National Park under ominous lighting storms, my family and I found a campsite that provided rest and a whole lot more. The rains receded and the darkness fell to light which made setting up for base camp a lot easier. Finding wildlife, fish and faith was unexpected but necessary, for John Muir would not disagree.
Want to know more? Check this out:
Faith in Camping

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Effingham, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
I've been a licensed minister for almost 20 years. I love Rv'ing, Over-landing, fly fishing and surf fishing. During the winter, you can find me along the SC coast and during the summer I love the mountains of SC, GA, NC, TN and VA. I always carry the Gospel with me and look forward to sharing & fellowship everywhere I go. (It doesn't need to be a church because we are the Church and HE will be with us wherever we choose to spend time with HIM.)

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
For me, researching for a place to worship is as important as that perfect campsite while distance overlanding.

While driving towards Hot Springs National Park under ominous lighting storms, my family and I found a campsite that provided rest and a whole lot more. The rains receded and the darkness fell to light which made setting up for base camp a lot easier. Finding wildlife, fish and faith was unexpected but necessary, for John Muir would not disagree.
Want to know more? Check this out:
Faith in Camping
For me, someone who pastored for nearly 30 years, the great thing about worship is that it can be done anywhere. I may have a regular place where I gather with others but so many times when I'm in creation my worship experience is much stronger and intimate. Thank you for your post.

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

I've been a licensed minister for almost 20 years. I love Rv'ing, Over-landing, fly fishing and surf fishing. During the winter, you can find me along the SC coast and during the summer I love the mountains of SC, GA, NC, TN and VA. I always carry the Gospel with me and look forward to sharing & fellowship everywhere I go. (It doesn't need to be a church because we are the Church and HE will be with us wherever we choose to spend time with HIM.)
Amen brother. Nice to meet you.

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

For me, someone who pastored for nearly 30 years, the great thing about worship is that it can be done anywhere. I may have a regular place where I gather with others but so many times when I'm in creation my worship experience is much stronger and intimate. Thank you for your post.
I agree, me 26 years. I have met so many others that take natural settings and correlate its origins to our Father in heaven. Nice to meet you.

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
I'm not a Pastor, but I'm definitely a Christian (of course the vote is probably still out on that...LOL!)
Nice to see like minded people on here.
If you swing by Cheyenne please look me up.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Faith is priority#1 for me. I’m a deacon and the drummer at my church which means no planning adventure time on the weekends for the wife and I. So we usually travel during the week, leave after our Tuesday night bible study, and make sure to plan to get home in time for the Friday prayer service at our church in Paramus NJ. It’s meant missing out on a few trips and events, but that’s ok. I am really glad to find there are other christians here and hopefully this will be an area of encouragement for each other!
Feel free to message me any time or stop in if you’re in the area! Service starts at 10am :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: firemen7

TravelinDan

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Upstate New York
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Smith
I'm not a Pastor, but I'm definitely a Christian (of course the vote is probably still out on that...LOL!)
Nice to see like minded people on here.
If you swing by Cheyenne please look me up.
We are planning a trip to the Dakotas this summer but wont quite make WY, might hit your neck of the woods in 2022, thanks for the offer!

I'm in the same boat as you, not a Pastor but saved and growing in my faith!

My stepson just joined the Marines (reserves) and he will be going to boot camp after he finishes high school this summer. Thank you for your service!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Camping and seeing Gods great earth is soul soothing..... I love to be up early after prayers and sit, listen to the HS and watch nature all around. Reminds me of a great song by Lee Ann Womack, "There is a God", if you listen to the lyrics, it makes you wonder how anyone could deny HIM.

Oh and before EVERY trip, short or long, I pray over us and the vehicles.........