Launch Member

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Escamilla
Member #

Hello. I want to do a quick trip to Colorado to do some camping on BLM land. I have never camped on BLM land or in Colorado and was looking for some suggestions on where to start. I'm not looking for extreme offloading. Would like something fairly easy with nice scenery and maybe some water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

It all depends on where you want to camp. There are a plethora of areas to camp depending on which part of the state you are in. Within some counties certain areas require reservations others do not. For the most part looking at the gaia land use overlay you can find alot of places to camp. Biggest suggestion is to keep in mind that as you climb the temps get significantly colder at night to the point were it can get into the low 40s if not 30s at night. I grew up in the DFW area and it's nothing like camping anywhere in Texas. I'm up north in Fort Collins but am happy to answer any questions you might have so feel free to reach out !

Reactions: Cruiser_CO

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

So many great places to go. San Juan's mountains my favorite, West of Colorado Springs is only a short drive from home for me. (1.5 hours) and the Beuna Vista area just a little farther. Northern Colorado there are plenty of trails with disperse camping as well.

A little more details on what part of the state you're planning to explore and when and we can be a little more specific on where we go and how hard it is to get there.
Some of my adventures I've gone on my own. (Usually others out in the area though). I just let my friends and wife know where I'm going and immediately when I'm safely on my way home.

Reactions: Cruiser_CO