Camping around Gatlinburg TN in mid Oct

• HTML tutorial

Trail Fox

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Northern VA
Member #

Good Morning, My wife and I are heading to Gatlinburg Tn mid October to do some camping/hiking. We are looking for good places to camp. We prefer something more private where we can use our roof top tent and awning on our jeep wrangler but are open to suggestions. The first few days we will be in Gatlinburg and looking to camp but we have a cabin we are renting for the last couple days in Chattanooga. We are looking for and appreciate any suggestions on good hiking, camping and fun things to do around the area. I'm looking forward to hearing your input and suggestions! Thank you!!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
Check out the Smokey Mountains National Park. You will be right there. Lots to do and see. Has camping also. Cades Cove which is in the Park is nice also but can get crowded. Catalootchee Valley to see the elk. Then of course Asheville, NC for beer. :blush:

But the last two suggestions are kind of heading away from Chattanooga. Check out the Prentice Cooper State Forest there. Then you have Lookout Mountain and the Reflections Riding Arboretum

Last edited:

Trail Fox

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Northern VA
Member #

Thanks for sharing! Feel like that's a great start. Still trying to find more of a private/ off grid type camping for a night or so if anyone else has suggestions for that would be awesome! Also I will post pics from our trip and add what we find/ end up doing to this post. Thanks Again!

Reactions: Wallygator