Camp toilet and tent

• HTML tutorial

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

We just tested our solution this weekend. In an attempt to get my daughter to buy into the idea of more remote / dispersed camping, I got the CleanWaste Go Anywhere system. We already had a changing tent which we used as a shower stall. My first "go" at it was favorable. More importantly, my daughter's impressions were positive also. She liked it so much now she wants to use it for number one also. At $3 a pop, now I have a different issue to deal with. But yeah, the whole thing folds down compact and I strap it to the roof rack. The waste goes directly to the trash bag. Super-simple.

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I use the ZODI Outback Gear I.Hut for my shower/toilet/changing privacy. The size is great. It is the same width at top as the bottom, unlike the popup tents. I am also pleased how it stands up to the wind. It is more expensive than other options, but it makes the wife happy so I'm happy.

For toilet I use the cleanwaste go anywhere and have no complaints.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Cleanwaste go is probably the best purchase i ever made. We broke that in easily last weekend with two families!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
So I'm looking at getting a portable toilet And a privacy tent to use along with a portable shower.

Obviously space is a premium. Was looking at chemical bags or something to keep the stank down.

So any input on tents and a toilet would be appreciated
I just replaced our Reliance Hassock Portable Toilet with a Black Pine Turbo which is collapsible, and includes a bag and odor control powder to get you started...

http://www.blackpinesports.com/turbo-toilet-turbo-potty

No rain fly at the top of this privacy shelter, so I'm looking to upgrade/replace this soon...

Oh man, I just found this one at Walmart.com!

Last edited:

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Just picked up one of these, and a reliance hunters loo. Hopefully wife will open up to idea of dispersed camping....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4S50

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Stef
We use one just like it, but different brand, and it works great. The one that we use has a floor, and coils up flat like bandsaw blades.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

The one I have does have a window, floor tarp and top cover and stakes. The frame feels pretty sturdy won't know how well it does until it is in use. Will know this weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Do the poles stay all connected together?
Mine? If so, yes. The top portion is like an umbrella, and the side poles slide parallel to each other. You don't even have to remove the clips. Two minutes, easy, plus staking it out if it is windy.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Mine? If so, yes. The top portion is like an umbrella, and the side poles slide parallel to each other. You don't even have to remove the clips. Two minutes, easy, plus staking it out if it is windy.
Yes, thanks for the info, I like simplicity of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve