Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

We used our 16 year old Jack Wolfskin tent this summer and while it worked well (as always) and a new Exped mattress was an upgrade, I realized that I am too old now for a trecking tent. I don't want to crawl into the tent of not needed, and am looking now into a RTT for next year ...

IMG_20190530_075340.jpg

RPilk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Plains, MO, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Pilkington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCV721
Am I the only one who can't put the T4Plus back in the bag?
did you find the instruction? its in the stake bag.... but the hub end in the bag first..... use the velcro strap as tight as you can prior to bagging it..... lay it down and work it from the open end first.... it goes fine with some practice....

Texassailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX
Member #

Love my OzTent RX4 which includes the complete annex. I've had numerous tents over the years . . . but none of this quality and ease of setup. The photo without the annex attached is my "summer" setup; the "winter" setup includes the annex. I keep the rainfly attached even during takedown and storage. And, although the carry bag is sufficient, I've ordered a higher quality bag from Drifta in Australia . . . should be arriving soon.

OzTent Summer.jpg

OzTent Winter.jpg

• Love
Reactions: RPilk and JoeySr

JoeySr

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wyoming
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Macandaffer
Love my OzTent RX4 which includes the complete annex. I've had numerous tents over the years . . . but none of this quality and ease of setup. The photo without the annex attached is my "summer" setup; the "winter" setup includes the annex. I keep the rainfly attached even during takedown and storage. And, although the carry bag is sufficient, I've ordered a higher quality bag from Drifta in Australia . . . should be arriving soon.

View attachment 123039

View attachment 123040
We have a OzTent RX5 along with 2 cots and rivergum self inflating mattress’s & the side panels/fly along with mesh floor and can’t get the tent and all back into the tents carry bag.

so far love the tent, easy up, lots of room, great with a heater when cold out, looking at getting the front door also for options and when weather is bad.

Biggest downfall is footprint, need a very large space to set up, some places/campgrounds don’t have large enough pads & ugh, securing it on the vehicle.

However, it’s the best tent on the market if you ask me.

Reactions: Texassailor

jakesname

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver
First Name
jake
Last Name
d
I use a Hilleberg Staika. Was on BLM land in Moab and a windstorm pushed by cheap but effective Ozark Trail tent flat. My dog was freaking out and I'd just gotten into 4 season camping. I definitely went for the most bombproof pitch anywhere tent I could find after like 6 weeks of research. I recommend the Outdoor Gear Review on youtube if you want useful non-sponsored tent reviews.

IMG_20190805_102906_101.jpg

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
Slightly off topic,
What upgraded stakes would y’all suggest. Like mentioned, the Gazelle ones (and most included stakes, are garabage. Mine bent going into soft ground

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Kodiak Canvas 10'x14'
Pros: 4 Season, waterproof, damn near indestructible, Hydra-Shield 100% cotton duck canvas (walls: 8.5 oz/roof: 10 oz), 1" steel tube poles, 16 oz vinyl floor with welded seams, comes with equally heavy ground tarp and 10" steel stakes, tons of room (we fit a queen & twin air mattress with room to walk around), steep walls and 6'6" high ceiling, 4 windows/2 vents/front & rear doors, customizable gear loft and organizer system, easy to set up/tear down.
Cons: Not cheap, Not light, Not small.

Attachments

Reactions: Itacal

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

An old one but a good one. I’ve gotten at least two decades of use out of it.

4AE59AD8-3410-40BF-B92D-D941B81BCB11.jpeg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Kelty with aluminum poles. won't break the bank yet is still sturdy and roomy on the larger models.