Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pinehurst, TX, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Parks
Member #

We just got the T4 plus. Have set it up in the yard so far but it does have some nice features. It set-ups fast and has two large areas. I like that the floors are detachable. Makes it easier to clean.
Ok thank you i was just concerned that it would take longer to set it up im getting more about efficiency with my setup times so we can enjoy our time together more.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I've been using a North Face 2-person (or 1 largish person) back-packing tent. Was great 15-20+ years ago when I backpacked, but as I've gotten a bit older with back issues, I've been looking at something I can walk into and stand up in. I'm looking at the HubT3 since it looks like it will do what I need. I'm 5'9", so it doesn't need to be too tall.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I have the REI Kingdom 6 for family trips. It's large, can stand up and walk around from front to rear, divider split the space in two, and an outside annex for gear storage, a footprint and rain flap came standard. Set up is about ten minutes and holds up well to rain. A bear got to playing with it and dragged it around however there was no damage.

For solo trips, backpacking, and snow or possible higher wind conditions I have the Big Agnes frying pan. Sets up in 5 minutes (1 person) and is great for star gazing. Compact, weighs about 5#'s, and is perfect for something simple that you will use mainly for rest.

Reactions: theMightyGoose

Deserttramp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Florence, AZ
First Name
jason
Last Name
angell
Member #

hello there,
I've used the single person tent cot for at least 8 years, great if its just you and don't might being low to the ground. it is a pain to get in or out at times and changing clothes inside is a comedy feat
switch over to a teton XXL cot with the pad and the tent which goes on top of cot. super comfort and lots of room, you could fit two people inside, little tight, but nice and warm.
these are great for one or two night stay and just by yourself, but I pop for the T4 gazelle after reading the reviews and watching the video. its super nice to be able to stand in a tent, im 6 foot and the easy to set up was the selling point. can get cold inside, but start a lantern up and it gets nice in a couple minutes.
only drawback is the doors, little to narrow and high to quietly step in or out.
next time go look at other peoples tents and get a idea what works best for you.
happy trails
laters

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

i Have been camping atleast 1 month out of every year for the past 27 years and the best tent i have come across so far (as far as all around scoring) is the ozark trail 10 person instant cabin tent that i got from walmart for under $100. It doesnt break the bank, i can set it up by myself in less than a minute, built in LED lights, it actually stays dry during heavy rain, built in screen porch that i never use, but having every wall able to be a window helps a lot for air flow and keeping the heat down. It is an all around great tent and ive been using it for 3 years and still havent had an issue out of it (and i use it alot).

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Oztent's Jet Tent 25x. After years of going thru numerous tents we finally have a true 3 season tent that I feel with last for decades. The next best to this was our REI Kingdom 6, which we froze our rears off in and gave it to our kids. For simple overnighters we have a three man tent, and for back packing we have a two man tent. Frankly I don't remember the brands I just know they both work very well. IMG_2881.jpgDSC02998.jpg

Reactions: MtnManAlex

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
No matter what or who makes it, it must be an instant up and instant down, my days of fighting them loops and poles are over, my tent take 3 mins tops.....(bad pic sorry)

Attachments

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Like others have posted, the Gazelle Tents are popular. Fast set up and take down. I have 6 tents, that I have had for years. 2 Four season, 4 Three season. If I can, I sleep inside my Jeep or my 4Runner. But because, I am experimenting with a good cot, I use the bigger of my tents and the cot now too. Vance.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

The tent I use in Baja is a Eureka Timberline SQ outfitter 4 person. It is 8 years old and will holdup in most conditions. Mostly used in dry windy conditions. When I purchased it they didn't have any areas with netting under the fly, they do now. I camp where there is blow sand and I try to keep the sand out.
https://eurekacamping.johnsonoutdoors.com/tents/backpacking/timberline®-sq-outfitter-4-person-tent?id=128

I do have a Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 that I use when its going to wet or snowy, I also back back with it. I is a 4 season tent and is pretty bomb proof.

If I was going to get a large tent I would look at a Springbar or a Kodiak tents.