Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

I've been using the same, single burner, Coleman stove for six years - paid $39. Still works.

Thinking about getting one of these. Amyone use this?
Blackstone.jpg

BearNorthx

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dickson
Last Name
Borsada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BXD
I've been using the same, single burner, Coleman stove for six years - paid $39. Still works.

View attachment 183219
This thing is awesome, I’ve used it at work cooking for my staff and when camping. I cooked just about everything on it. The con is that it’s a little bulky and takes someone space. I would say this is good if you are good cooking for a group or family.

Reactions: SteveC-Pro4X

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS

View attachment 183219
Some friends of mine have that one plus the big one they use at home in place of a traditional grille. It cooks nicely but dang it takes up a lot of space in the back of their JKU.

Red Ox Overland

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Olympic mtns, WA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Modispacher
Member #

I’ve used a similar griddle style stoves. Over the years I’ve preferred pans over a burner but the griddle style or skottle has grown on me.
If it’s not to expensive it’s worth a shot.

nigelsiam

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Naughton
Member #

View attachment 183219
That would be really neat if incorporated in a trailer kitchen slide out.
I have my simple Coleman 2 burner on a slide out and lazy susan that I built for my 80 Land Cruiser. It's been awesome for years. A tip for those that use the Coleman. You can take off the burner control knobs and regrease the rubber grommets inside to get perfect low burner control.

Attachments

Reactions: FishinCrzy

devbowman

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sherman Oaks, California, United States
First Name
Devon
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

Stumbled upon this thread at just the right time. I’m looking at purchasing our first portable stove.. as much as I looove a good old fashioned camp fire, waiting 30 minutes for a cup of coffee is rough going.
I started with looking at Blackstone cuz I have some of their stuff at home and it’s got great build quality, but thanks to a previous post here it confirmed my concerns that it’s too bulky. That and it seems that a griddle is not as versatile as regular stove.. maybe?
So I was looking at the Camp Chef Everest or Rainier.. and then I came across the GSI Pinnacle Pro. I think I may just hold off until it’s available :)

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Stumbled upon this thread at just the right time. I’m looking at purchasing our first portable stove.. as much as I looove a good old fashioned camp fire, waiting 30 minutes for a cup of coffee is rough going.
I started with looking at Blackstone cuz I have some of their stuff at home and it’s got great build quality, but thanks to a previous post here it confirmed my concerns that it’s too bulky. That and it seems that a griddle is not as versatile as regular stove.. maybe?
So I was looking at the Camp Chef Everest or Rainier.. and then I came across the GSI Pinnacle Pro. I think I may just hold off until it’s available :)

I have owned many stoves, back packing and car units,while gas, canisters. Green bottles, lots. For car camping we started with a Colman, converted it to propane. My wife gave to a primes for Christmas and used o]it for 20 years before it passed. Went with a Camp Chef Everest it had a critical fail on the 5th trip. The tube from 1 burner broke at the 2nd burner. It broke driving to the first camp. The trip was a week. I capped it and had a brazed so I could use it. Camp Chef told me to pound sand. I picked up a Camp Partner. It is the best stove I have ever owned hands down. The nobs are protected, solid aluminum body. They don’t get reviewed because they are sold direct.

Reactions: devbowman

devbowman

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sherman Oaks, California, United States
First Name
Devon
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

I have owned many stoves, back packing and car units,while gas, canisters. Green bottles, lots. For car camping we started with a Colman, converted it to propane. My wife gave to a primes for Christmas and used o]it for 20 years before it passed. Went with a Camp Chef Everest it had a critical fail on the 5th trip. The tube from 1 burner broke at the 2nd burner. It broke driving to the first camp. The trip was a week. I capped it and had a brazed so I could use it. Camp Chef told me to pound sand. I picked up a Camp Partner. It is the best stove I have ever owned hands down. The nobs are protected, solid aluminum body. They don’t get reviewed because they are sold direct.
@MMc - Thanks for that info. Just took a look at a vid and those things look like tanks. And the recessed knobs.. nice touch.

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Among the stove designs mentioned above, the Pinnacle Pro Stove looks the most innovative. No price yet though - it's due out in 2021.

There's a brief video. Here is the link: GSI Pinnacle Pro Stove

Last edited:

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
When I was using a two burner I was using a Camp Chef Everest. I was sold on the very high BTU output compared to other similar stoves.

Reactions: RoarinRow

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

High BTU’s are fine to boil water, the camp chef left a lot to be desired when it came to flame adjustment. I’ll cook anything or the road that I’ll at home therefor I want a fine flame control. I’ll gladly take a minute or to for my coffee to be able to make a hollandaise a tempered egg dish or simmering without burning dinner.

You can always enlarge the jet on any stove. I have a buddy that his stove is nick named the “Thiokol jet stove” I have seen it melt aluminum heat exchangers.