Camp chef stove bulk tank regulator

• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

Macedon, NY, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
DeBree
I currently have a camp chef everest that i'm trying to set up to run off a bulk tank for my multi week trip through Montana, Idaho and Utah. I'm struggling to find the right regulator and I don't really want to keep using the flimsy metal arm with the built in regulator. Does anyone know if a regular propane regulator puts off enough PSI to run this stove. I tried their customer service but they just pointed me to an out of stuck hose on their website that's only about 4 feet long. Id also prefer to run a quick release so if anyone know the fitting size on the stove that would be awesome. So far I've only been able to find blackstone and coleman fittings. Thanks!

Reactions: m4rk0p0l0

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
I have the same stove and just used it this weekend attached via the hose from Camp Chef. It does still use the metal arm with built-in regulator. It does feel a flimsy, but has worked fine. They are also available and in-stock on Amazon (Amazon.com: Camp Chef 5 Foot Bulk Tank Hose Adapter for use with disposable bottle regulators HRDSP: Sports & Outdoors)

It looks like there is another hose with a built-in regulator that sounds like what you are looking for. It is made by Camp Chef for using with low pressure appliances. The reviews in Camp Chef sound like people are using it with the two burner stoves, but I can't confirm. It is however, cheaper on Amazon as well (Amazon.com : Camp Chef Regulator Hose Set : Camp Chef Oven Regulator : Garden & Outdoor).

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I currently have a camp chef everest that i'm trying to set up to run off a bulk tank for my multi week trip through Montana, Idaho and Utah. I'm struggling to find the right regulator and I don't really want to keep using the flimsy metal arm with the built in regulator. Does anyone know if a regular propane regulator puts off enough PSI to run this stove. I tried their customer service but they just pointed me to an out of stuck hose on their website that's only about 4 feet long. Id also prefer to run a quick release so if anyone know the fitting size on the stove that would be awesome. So far I've only been able to find blackstone and coleman fittings. Thanks!
turtle.stampede,
Is this what you mean? This is my old Camp Chef stove. I bought the “Y” fitting to use Two hoses, one for my lantern, and one for the stove. I bought this at Sportsmans, but have seen it at Walmart too. Vance.CDD6D58C-43B0-4A4B-A1C3-BA4CEC991316.jpeg85F49637-B915-4A25-BB0C-5A6C7A67EBDE.jpegEC2A0427-8026-4247-8031-7C0AF333254E.jpeg

Contributor III

Macedon, NY, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
DeBree
1563813323053.png

What I'm looking for are the two circled items. For the threaded fitting I can really only find ones for the coleman lxe and blackstone grills. I may just order both of them and hope one has a common thread to the camp chef and return the other. My biggest question if anyone has tried it is does a normal regulator put off enough pressure to run these stoves? I can do without the quick release if I have to and just run a threaded fitting on the end of a hose if one exists. Im really trying to avoid using the flimsy metal pipe with the regulator on it that the stove currently uses

Reactions: MrChris

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Again, if you have a Sportsmans, or something like AirGas, propane company, they should have what you need. The easy way is to get the Coleman stove bulk tank adapter. Screws in where your small green propane tank does then hook to the bulk tank. That way you use the regulator you now have why do you need the quick disconnects? It takes seconds to hook up without that? The hose with the connector that has the adapter that screws into your regulator is cheap, $15. At almost any hardware store. The picture on the bottom will hook up to your setup and work fine. Yes no quick disconnect. Vance.
ABA31343-E49D-4420-BE5E-F74CE43BA149.jpeg

Contributor III

Macedon, NY, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
DeBree
I don't necessarily need quick dis-connector parts I just figured why not make set up a little easier. I am really just trying to get rid of the hard pipe that normally connects the green tank to the stove if i can but Its looking like there isn't a simple way to do this.

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

I bought this for use with my Camp Chef Everest and have Flame King refillable 1 pound bottles.
If I want to hook up to a BBQ 20 Lb or my 5 LB LP bottle I use one of the adapter hoses you can get at one of the big box stores.
This way I have the option to use either type of LP source depending on the length of the outing.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I don't necessarily need quick dis-connector parts I just figured why not make set up a little easier. I am really just trying to get rid of the hard pipe that normally connects the green tank to the stove if i can but Its looking like there isn't a simple way to do this.
turtle.stampede,
Hope you get something to work for you. Was trying to help with Ideas. I’m a bad one for overthinking things and spending more money than I need too. The stove you have is a nice little stove. Hope you get it set like you want and have a fun trip! Would be curious how you end up solving your hookup needs. Vance.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Getting the right propane hoses, regulators, and adapters can be frustrating as all get out.

Getting the right hose and regulator for your stove will depend on what you have for threads after you remove your flimsy 1# line. Might be fairly standard and you'll find this will work:

cook-partner-1-burner-hose-500.jpg

It is from Cook Partner Stove and meant for cook stoves. You can read more about it here: Cook Partner Hose and Regulator . I would double check the connection thread diameter, and pressure needed for your stove to see if it works with this.

I have a Cook Partner 22 and use that same hose, which hooks up to my 20# tank. I sometimes also use the Y Adapter @4wheelspulling mentioned so I can hook both my stove and my propane fire ring to the 20# tank at the same time. I use a couple Char-Broil ten foot extension hoses and a brass adapter coupler for the fire ring, but have no idea what you'd need to connect them to the stove if you want extra length.

Home Depot also has high pressure hose and regulator they say is adjustable up to 10psi for "outdoor cookers," but I have no personal experience with it: River Grille High Pressure Hose & Regulator

Good luck, let us know what you find so others with the same stove can do the same if they want.

EDIT: the brass adapter I linked to above is a 3/8" male flare x 3/8" female pipe thread by Anderson Metals. Here's a whole page of their fittings. Perhaps something there will be of help to you with one of the hoses mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4wheelspulling

m4rk0p0l0

Rank I

Contributor II

Renton, WA, USA
First Name
Marko
Last Name
Hlibchuk
I'm looking to do the same with my Everest stove. What did you wind up doing?