Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

Hey guys! There quite possibly could already be a thread about this.. Please tell me your fave camp chairs that don't break the budget. I know they can get up there in cost. We have those timber ridge ones from Costco, but they're just not compact enough. You know we like it compact around here! Thanks!

-Courtney

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
heres a link to one thread that might have some helpful info for you

Last edited:

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

heres a link to one thread that might have some helpful info for you

Thank you so much! Thats so helpful. :)

-Courtney

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

so all 270# of me says none of the average "I love this chair" will work for me. I have found a few zero recliners built for big guys and I'd pay $300 for one but how to find the right one when no one within 500 miles carries them.

I like these... As comfortable as a Lazy Boy, and pretty compact folded but I'm looking for someone who has a Heavy Duty Recliner camp chair.

A

or

B

Anyone have experience with the different styles?
Folded size of eitherworks fine for me.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
I like the ARB folding camp chairs. They're only around $50 - $55 dollars. They're definitely not compact, but if I'm going to be sitting around a campfire for a bit or just relaxing, I want to be comfortable. And they are so much more comfortable than the cheapo $5.00 Walmart chairs.

Camp chairs ARB.jpg

Reactions: ChambersFamily

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

I like the ARB folding camp chairs. They're only around $50 - $55 dollars. They're definitely not compact, but if I'm going to be sitting around a campfire for a bit or just relaxing, I want to be comfortable. And they are so much more comfortable than the cheapo $5.00 Walmart chairs.

I'm a second on the ARB chairs, although I've seen the same chair from other companies. We have 2 that we got a deal on as a promo when my son bought his bumper. They are pretty heavy duty, comfortable and you don't feel like your sitting in a butt hammock. But no, they are not compact.

ARB chair.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ChambersFamily

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
We spent almost a year trying to find something to replace the ones we had previous. We decided on the Kuma Lazy bear chairs. They are far bigger wider than anything else on the market. You can sit in them sideways like a lounger. Their couch is slick too as it doesn’t have any centre bars.