Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Looking for a collapsable chair for a narrow space along the side of my cabinet in the rear of the GX. I'll be leaving my GSI Firepit Rocker on the RTT trailer, and the new chair would be for a place to sit when on the trail stopping for a break. I took Road's advice and got one of these that goes from this:
Front Runner 2.jpg17"x2"x16"
It transforms to this:
Front Runner 1.jpg
Front Runner Chair. Kinda like a studio chair but more comfy, and roomier than I had anticipated. Two of these will fit nicely on the left side by the ARB Fridge. Pricey but sturdy as all blazes.

Reactions: Ubiety and Road

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Nice looking chair! I'm a big fan of this type of chair but they don't fold up very small. Where did you get your new chair?

1586209403142.png

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Looking for a collapsable chair for a narrow space along the side of my cabinet in the rear of the GX. I'll be leaving my GSI Firepit Rocker on the RTT trailer, and the new chair would be for a place to sit when on the trail stopping for a break. I took Road's advice and got one of these that goes from this:
View attachment 14779717"x2"x16"
It transforms to this:
View attachment 147798
Front Runner Chair. Kinda like a studio chair but more comfy, and roomier than I had anticipated. Two of these will fit nicely on the left side by the ARB Fridge. Pricey but sturdy as all blazes.

Well, cool, @Biker Eagle! I absolutely love mine. Been using them steady for 2.5 years in all kinds of weather and environments all over the country. You get used to opening, closing, and collapsing them quite easily. I like them so much I sold my OZTent chairs and don't even haul other camp chairs with me. Like any Front Runner product, they're well-made and dependable.

I can sit in them all day, unlike a lot of pocket and other chairs, and I love that they are perfect sitting height for eating at a table or working on my laptop at the galley counter of my trailer.

That they fold so nicely into such a narrow, compact, profile fits perfectly into my packing scheme, and I can fit them in along side so many things it's just easy to keep them handy.

You can get nice FRO slip cases for them, too. I bought my chairs and covers from Exploration Outfitters in OK, where I got my trailer and a mess of other stuff: Front Runner Expander Chair Storage Bag .
#noaffiliation #notsponsored, just great guys to deal with.

You'll see my Expander chairs in a mess of my camp images:

chairs-n-fieldblnkts-2132-900.jpg

diningrmlighting_0570-900.JPG

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!

Stay safe, stay clean, stay positive!

Reactions: Biker Eagle

Snowmansgarage

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaverton, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cyree
This is a completely different style but I too was after a more compact version of the standard folding camp chair. My local Costco recently put these out so I picked one up to try out & just with testing it around the house I’m really happy with it. The price was $30 so I’m gonna go back & grab a couple more.7A058E85-1B25-47FB-B77E-621221237D57.jpegB3CC3415-7997-4EC1-AEAB-25ECBA30B0E5.jpegAEACDE53-05DB-4C70-A5FA-DBE9839AB965.jpeg1B91655C-30F6-450D-8258-0475B94C3AE2.jpeg

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Nice Snowman. got a couple similar to that made by Leki. They're OK on level ground, but a little tipsy on rough ground. Still pretty comfortable and fit in a bag just like yours. Odds are they were both made in the same factory in China. :smiley:

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
This is a completely different style but I too was after a more compact version of the standard folding camp chair. My local Costco recently put these out so I picked one up to try out & just with testing it around the house I’m really happy with it. The price was $30 so I’m gonna go back & grab a couple more.View attachment 153845View attachment 153846View attachment 153847View attachment 153848
Looks like the Patent on Helinox ran out and now other companies are copying their design at much lower prices! Well I already own 3 Helinox chairs that fit behind the back seat of my truck and love them, luckily I got them on sale but not nearly as good a deal as $30! These style of chairs are awesome, super comfortable and pack down super small and are lightweight!

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I've got a knock off of a Helinox Chair One. I keep two in the cargo area of my Jeep. They take up very little space when packed but sit nice. They aren't high back though. I think they were 40ish dollars each.

Camp Chair

Last edited:

DugzKine

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Macaalay
Member #

Those Front Runner chairs look comfy. I ended up getting 1 similar to try out. Coleman Deck Chair. Figured for the price, why not? I’ll eventually need 5 new chairs for me and the family to replace the basic folding chairs. Thinking of going with 5 different types for each personality requirement. HahaAB2B9504-CA83-426B-8845-A62CFC79B716.png