Lewis County, West Virginia, United States
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Schriner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8VAF
I have a 19 4Runner. Going to be ordering a clamshell and 3rd member, with 4.88s and arb lockers. Looking for advice on the core/charges. If I opt to keep my factory front and rear setup it will cost me a $400 dollar core for the front and a $950 dollar color for the rear. They have 40k miles and are in perfect working condition. So the question is do I loose the extra 1350 and keep my factory equipment(for sale or to put back in when selling/totaling rig). Or do I save the 1350 and not keep my factory gear boxes. Leaning towards spending the extra $1350. Thanks

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Personally, I would send them your diffs. Most people who would buy your rig wont give you extra or even care you had the stock gear set.
On the other hand, Toyota diffs are simple to set up. Have you priced just having the parts put in yours locally? It would save a bunch in shipping.

Reactions: KonzaLander

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I have a 19 4Runner. Going to be ordering a clamshell and 3rd member, with 4.88s and arb lockers. Looking for advice on the core/charges. If I opt to keep my factory front and rear setup it will cost me a $400 dollar core for the front and a $950 dollar color for the rear. They have 40k miles and are in perfect working condition. So the question is do I loose the extra 1350 and keep my factory equipment(for sale or to put back in when selling/totaling rig). Or do I save the 1350 and not keep my factory gear boxes. Leaning towards spending the extra $1350. Thanks
Save the money, in 40 years you'll still have those extra gears in a box.... and yer kids will be saying "what was Dad thinking?"

Reactions: KonzaLander

T4R13

Rank IV

Traveler III

Lewis County, West Virginia, United States
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Schriner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8VAF
Personally, I would send them your diffs. Most people who would buy your rig wont give you extra or even care you had the stock gear set.
On the other hand, Toyota diffs are simple to set up. Have you priced just having the parts put in yours locally? It would save a bunch in shipping.
Yea I’ve priced it locally and the quotes are higher than me buying the assembled clamshell and 3rd member and swapping myself, even if I opt to keep my original equipment.