California Superbloom - Carrizo Plain National Monument

• HTML tutorial

JLynnJohnston

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Member #

Hey all!

-Had ourselves a beautiful afternoon in the hills above Soda Lake in central California today. Lots of two-track roads that flirt with the idea of disappearing under greenery.

-The area is known for spring wildflowers even in dry years, but this year's wet California winter has really hit the TURBO button on all these blossoms!

-I'm reading that the Superbloom will last about another three weeks here... Get out there!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sidetrakn

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Alamos CA
Member #

Great shots! Your so right the two-track was the place to be, especially on the weekend. Was out there on the 8th and it was packed with flowers and people!

The Lupine is really blooming up on Figueroa Mountain in Los Padres NF right now. It's also busy especially on the Los Olivos side.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

LOL, The Pics in this thread remind me of the old "love what you do for me..." Toyota commercials with No Toyotas in sight.

Reactions: Itacal

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Great shots! Your so right the two-track was the place to be, especially on the weekend. Was out there on the 8th and it was packed with flowers and people!

The Lupine is really blooming up on Figueroa Mountain in Los Padres NF right now. It's also busy especially on the Los Olivos side.

Wow! Great pics! Amazing color!