California: Action Needed Nightmare Gulch and Last Chance Canyon trail

• HTML tutorial

Smokinjoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ridgecrest
Member #

I just returned from Red Rock Canyon California State Park General Plan Revision meeting. Based on the proposed maps on display, we are losing access to trails that have been open 4WD trails since the beginning of time like Nightmare Gulch, and parts of Last Chance Canyon trail, also other surrounding areas limiting camping and off-road travel.
If we don't act collectively as a community our trail and land access is eroding before our eyes.

We are in favor of proposal 1 with modifications open Nightmare Gulch trail and open Last Chance Cyn Trail this would reclassify Red Rocks state park to a SRA... you can copy and paste this line in your email.

Here is link to State Parks proposals: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56d4842f3c44d83b5d49808b/t/5c9c407ad6afab00018b10f5/1553744128014/FINAL_RRCSP_Packet_COMBINED_032719.pdf

I am looking for your support and a few minutes of your time to submit comments in favor of open off road trails, camping , 4X4 travel in this wonderful area.
We have till April 26, 2019 to submit email comments for the General Plan Revisions.

Email: info@RedRockGP.com

Subject Line : Red Rock GP Comments

thx for helping keep our Off-Road and camping areas open.

sj

sj91174

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just returned from Red Rock Canyon California State Park General Plan Revision meeting. Based on the proposed maps on display, we are losing access to trails that have been open 4WD trails since the beginning of time like Nightmare Gulch, and parts of Last Chance Canyon trail, also other surrounding areas limiting camping and off-road travel.
If we don't act collectively as a community our trail and land access is eroding before our eyes.

We are in favor of proposal 1 with modifications open Nightmare Gulch trail and open Last Chance Cyn Trail this would reclassify Red Rocks state park to a SRA... you can copy and paste this line in your email.

Here is link to State Parks proposals: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56d4842f3c44d83b5d49808b/t/5c9c407ad6afab00018b10f5/1553744128014/FINAL_RRCSP_Packet_COMBINED_032719.pdf

I am looking for your support and a few minutes of your time to submit comments in favor of open off road trails, camping , 4X4 travel in this wonderful area.
We have till April 26, 2019 to submit email comments for the General Plan Revisions.

Email: info@RedRockGP.com

Subject Line : Red Rock GP Comments

thx for helping keep our Off-Road and camping areas open.

sj

sjView attachment 91174
DM sent

MojaveGreen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6SGE
I see that I am too late to help, sorry. I was planning to go out there this weekend and maybe camp or just do some daytripping when I saw this on line. So what is the outcome of this, what should I expect? I have watched BLM takeover this location through the years and it’s not good. I have been to places out there that are no longer listed on newer maps they just no longer exist. Out of sight out of mind...