Burro Schmidt Tunnel

• HTML tutorial

OverlandRecon

Rank II

Advocate II

Looks like a good time! One of these days I plan on hitting that trail. If you guys ever feel like having another rig for the day let me know I'm just in the North OC.
Absolutely! After it cools down we'll head back up there. We usually camp over night at the Sears or Two of Hearts cabin. You can make it up and back home in one day, that's what we did on the last trip because it was too hot. It's just a really long day when you do that.

Reactions: BajaFJ

DMS1

Rank III

Advocate I

San Dimas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Schmitz
Were the last pictures taken on last chance canyon? You can cross the 14 Fwy and head towards the mountains and take Horsetheif Canyon and then McIver 4X4 Road to McIvers Cabin. The elevation starts to climb and it gets much cooler once you start Horsetheif canyon trail.

Edited the right Fwy - 14 instead of 15 ;- )

Last edited:

Brando

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Los Santos
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
McWhorter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SEU
Were the last pictures taken on last chance canyon? You can cross the 15 Fwy and head towards the mountains and take Horsetheif Canyon and then McIver 4X4 Road to McIvers Cabin. The elevation starts to climb and it gets much cooler once you start Horsetheif canyon trail.
Yes those pics were taken up above Last Chance. Good times out there, albeit hot this time of year.

Thanks for the tip on the other side of the 15 with higher and cooler ground. May have to try that soon.