Smeagns1100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Dayton, OH, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Egan
So looking to build some storage in the back of my 89 bronco. Wondering what most have done or the blue prints they have based their builds off of. My vehicle has to tote around my wife and 2 kids as well as be my daily… anything will help so let’s hear it. Also what gear is everyone carrying as a must have I’m in southern ohio so I got all 4 seasons.

Thank in advance!

Reactions: M Rose

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
You probably have plenty of space on the right and left, right? Then I would build a box for the right and one for the left. Or build a platform that goes over the entire surface at the height of the upper edge of the wheel housing. Then you have storage space underneath, in which you could even build drawers and store equipment. And at the same time there is still space on top for things that you transport in everyday life, etc.

Browse also in the DIY project section here if you like. There are certainly many ideas.

I recommend starting with a simple solution and then seeing what you really need and how it works for you.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey there @Smeagns1100 i too have an 89 FSB. As for storage, use your imagination… my storage solution won’t work for you because I removed my back seat and am installing a full 8 point All-For-Fun-Off-road Roll Cage. I also drilled holes through my top to attach my roof rack, which then supports my cargo net on the interior of the cab.
My build thread

Some ideas might be found in @Dakota Houligans build thread

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Grab a chunk of plywood and a couple 2x8s screw it together and toss some bins under it . Try that out a few trips and go from there with how your personal storage needs will be fulfilled . Drawers and lots of cubbies work for some people others only need a way to separate totes from coolers and chairs .