Spirit Lake, Idaho, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
The first major change on our LJ has started. I got the bumper mounted on the LJ with my old Warn M8000 tonight. I still need to weld up a mount for the control box and get it all wired up but I like how it turned out so far.

IMG_2111.JPG

I also took measurements and photos to document how the Jeep looks and sits before I make any changes.

The new suspension should arrive in a couple more weeks then the real fun begins. I already have the JKS track bars and sway bar links/ disconnects. Just waiting on the OME components.

Thanks,
Aaron

S

SubeeBen

Nice looking so far. Interested to see how your progress comes out. Good luck & keep us posted.

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
Thanks, I will. I should receive my set of KC C3 Amber 3" cubes tomorrow. They will mount in the bumper and hopefully give me some decent light to cut through snow and dust.

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
Thanks! The hood latches are the Rugged Ridge brand that I picked up from Amazon. We drove 2100 miles from DFW Texas to Portland Oregon over 4 days when we bought the LJ. Listening to the hood squeak and flutter for that many miles in high wind was obnoxious! The have completely solved the problem of hood movement and noise. I like them very much and would definitely recommend them.

Reactions: PCO6

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I haven't noticed my hood making noise but those look pretty stout. I may need to get a set. Thanks. and good luck with the build. JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket :laughing:

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

my '06 LJR was probably my most favorite jeep. Definitely going to follow this one! Keep it coming!

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
I'm currently loading it up for a Search and Rescue training overnighter this weekend. This is my first chance to load it similarly to how we will when go on the road.

OME / JKS suspension lift is coming soon.

Also, I just received my KC C3 Amber 3" cubes today so those will be going into the bumper next. I need to decide on a switch pod system as I really don't want to hack it together. I like the SPOD but it's a bit pricey. I'm considering the Rough Country MLC6 system for the TJ / LJ but would welcome any feedback or other options...

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
Received a nice big box of OME springs, shocks, and a steering stabilizer today! Just waiting on the front springs from another source that should arrive tomorrow.

Soon the wrenching fun can really begin!

Reactions: Marman

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
Made some great progress tonight with the help of some friends.

Old vs. new springs.
IMG_2138.JPG

In the middle of the mayhem.
IMG_2139.JPG

Front is done except for final torque and setting the track bar length. IMG_2144.JPG

Left and right closeups.
IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2146.JPG

Rear differential also looks good.
IMG_2141.JPG

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
A little bummed. In true Jeep fashion, I broke three of the four upper rear shock mount bolts. This job just got a bit more complex. Gas tank is now out and I now have to find a way to cut the welded nuts off the frame so I can put new nuts and bolts in. IMG_2147.JPG

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Nice! I started with the OME/JKS kit and loved it for the most part. I ditched the disconnects, they came apart on the road more than once so I swiched to a Currie system. The trackbar wasn’t the greatest either. Check out my build here: Boosted LJ Build - JeepForum.com

I’m happy to help answer any LJ questions you may have. Super important to service that trans(they are junk buy you are stuck with it) and change out the oil pick up asap as they are known to blow up without warning at 60K miles plus.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Thanks! The hood latches are the Rugged Ridge brand that I picked up from Amazon. We drove 2100 miles from DFW Texas to Portland Oregon over 4 days when we bought the LJ. Listening to the hood squeak and flutter for that many miles in high wind was obnoxious! The have completely solved the problem of hood movement and noise. I like them very much and would definitely recommend them.
I have those on my LJ too and am very happy with them. I had a 2 yr. old rubber non-stock latch (can't remember the brand) let fly on day one of a week long trip last summer. I used a ratchet strap to keep the hood down for the rest of the trip. Not fun ... and it looked terrible.

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
Lift install completed! Drives pretty decent for needing an alignment real bad. I’ll take some pictures once I get done doing a rough toe-in adjustment and get everything torqued down properly. I’m going to order the wheels tomorrow morning. Does anyone know any discount codes for Quadratec? :)

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I mounted to control box under the hood. After removing the air intake horn, the controller dropped right onto a hole on the inner fender. Perfect fit !!

Will post a pic tomorrow

IMG_0597.jpeg

and the rewire.

IMG_0595.jpg

And the location...

DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited: