Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We will see how it does in a couple of weeks.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Also your wife will eliminate you if you hurt it, like you did her truck the last cleanup. ;-)

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
I use a casita 16 foot when I know what trails I’ll be on.IMG_0082.JPG raised 1 1/2 inches and 15 inch tires. I use Bungie cords to keep the cabinets closed.

Attachments

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
At the least, I would put some skids on the rear to limit damage.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
If you come down to the south a bit, I would worry about the tires. With the sharp rock we have down here, I've cut tires just driving on dirt roads.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have a fibreglass trailer that I'm waffling on a bit. It could made for light duty off roading or I might just turn into a party trailer for the car races. It's a 1986 Cadet that's complete except for the interior, which is a good thing. If I decide to go ahead the chassis and axle will be converted into a utility trailer and sold off. It's a very simple design underneath and a new stronger frame, axles and suspension wouldn't be a big job at all.

There's not much you can do about the fibreglass except for reinforcing the hell out of it on the inside. I told my wife I'd like to install stronger furniture, cabinets, etc. to tie things together better. She seemed to like my idea of a "structural bed". The roof also pops up about 6" so there's plenty of head room inside. It weighed 900 lbs. when new and that's with the interior that it no longer has.

These things originated in Poland and a modified version of it is still built today. I saw a 30 or so year old video a guy really putting one through its paces in an off road European mountain setting and I was surprised by the beating it took.

18-07-12 1.JPG

Last edited:

Del Albright

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Member #

I have a fibreglass trailer that I'm waffling on a bit. It could made for light duty off roading or I might just turn into a party trailer for the car races. It's a 1986 Cadet that's complete except for the interior, which is a good thing. If I decide to go ahead the chassis and axle will be converted into a utility trailer and sold off. It's a very simple design underneath and a new stronger frame, axles and suspension wouldn't be a big job at all.

There's not much you can do about the fibreglass except for reinforcing the hell out of it on the inside. I told my wife I'd like to install stronger furniture, cabinets, etc. to tie things together better. She seemed to like my idea of a "structural bed". The roof also pops up about 6" so there's plenty of head room inside. It weighed 900 lbs. when new and that's with the interior that it no longer has.

These things originated in Poland and a modified version of it is still built today. I saw a 30 or so year old video a guy really putting one through its paces in an off road European mountain setting and I was surprised by the beating it took.

View attachment 134222
Wow, that thing is cute. One thing about fiberglass -- it's easy to repair and you don't have to know how to weld! Boat repair kit is all you need in those rare instances.

Reactions: PCO6

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Wow, that thing is cute. One thing about fiberglass -- it's easy to repair and you don't have to know how to weld! Boat repair kit is all you need in those rare instances.
I've been welding for about 50 yrs. but I know very little about fibreglass. I'm far from proficient at it but it's been fun to learn … although a bit sticky at times.

People have done some pretty crazy things with these trailers. Here are some along with a few (sorta) good ones …

37012129_306558056556432_17140381254680576_n.jpgda6ada65310adb31f350fd61c8e57552.jpgGTOPG-399x500.jpg955a3617737f7a7b7a87135c3c75e4c0.jpgVW-T4-z-przyczepką-Niewiadów-N126-kamper-z-pomysłem-1.jpgstoerre-daek-paa-campingvogn_ (1).jpg