• HTML tutorial

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Hello everyone,

I am wanting to plan a trip out to Browns Camp OHV in Tillamook, OR. I think if I don't go too deep into the trials my stock Subaru should be able to make it. I am thinking of going in August as that is when I would be able to use my PTO at work. Would anyone in the PNW be interested in joining me on my first adventure?

Also right now as I mentioned my rig is very stock. I am planning on putting in a CB radio at least, as there is no cell service in this area, before this trip. Are there any other priority items I need to think about?

I have not been camping since I was a kid and greatly need to get back out into the woods. I would love to meet up with a few of Overland Bound members in the PNW.

Click here for directions

PukeBags

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silverton, Oregon
Member #

Following as well. I too need to get back to the wilderness. As long as the trip is not too close to the 26th of aug (my anniversary), I would be down to visit for the weekend if that works out.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I think I can make that work, if it works for everyone we could try meeting up on the late afternoon of Friday the 18th, camp for the night, and leave either Saturday evening, or Sunday afternoon.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Sounds good, I will not know 100% if that will work until the dates get closer. I work for an Ambulance company and may be moving departments soon, which may making it a little harder, but I really need this trip and am going to do everything I can to make it work.

PukeBags

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silverton, Oregon
Member #

Cool. I work in a fab shop so weekend are at my discretion. And the 26-28 my wife and i are going to run around the washington badlands. So any other weekends earlier or later are good for me.

Reactions: Tyler Higgins

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Wish I could but i have to work make sure you get a trail map the gas station at the bottom of the hill usually has some they also sell off road permits if you don't have one you will need it up there have fun

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I have some bad news, it is looking like this trip will have to be put off for a little while. My finances have taken a hit with my EMT certification costs, and I will not be able to get a few basic items put into my rig or afford to take any time off for right now. I am hoping to be able to get a trip in before too long and I will keep everyone informed if you are all interested.

Reactions: STPICKENS

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Sorry to hear that but with enough notice i can take some time off work and would love to hit the trails

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
The fun thing is that from what I understand about time off requests with my ambulance company, EMT's have to put in a time off request a year early. So I can definitely provide a good amount of notice for any trip. Part of the reason I was trying to get this trip set up was because right now I only need a 30 day notice, but due to life I need to get into the Ambulance division soon, so I can afford life.

Reactions: d2 rover

PukeBags

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silverton, Oregon
Member #

I have some bad news, it is looking like this trip will have to be put off for a little while. My finances have taken a hit with my EMT certification costs, and I will not be able to get a few basic items put into my rig or afford to take any time off for right now. I am hoping to be able to get a trip in before too long and I will keep everyone informed if you are all interested.
I would say that I'm sorry to hear that, but any chance to set yourself up now to be able to take the bigger trips in the future is definitely worth it IMO. Just try not to get stuck in the rut of too much work not enough off-time outdoors. Depending on your schedule try to get some one night trips preplanned so you can leave at a moments notice. Also if it lines up on a quick fri/sat evening light exploring or just camping I, and I'm sure many other members, would be willing to do some quick trips(I'm sure that everyone has some piece of equipment they want to try out in the wild). I hope everything works out for you. See you out there.
-Pukebags

Reactions: Tyler Higgins

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I would say that I'm sorry to hear that, but any chance to set yourself up now to be able to take the bigger trips in the future is definitely worth it IMO. Just try not to get stuck in the rut of too much work not enough off-time outdoors. Depending on your schedule try to get some one night trips preplanned so you can leave at a moments notice. Also if it lines up on a quick fri/sat evening light exploring or just camping I, and I'm sure many other members, would be willing to do some quick trips(I'm sure that everyone has some piece of equipment they want to try out in the wild). I hope everything works out for you. See you out there.
-Pukebags
Thank you for the advise. With this career type I need to always remember to plan small vacations. That is one of the reasons I joined this community. I now have people I can meet up with to go out and have fun.