Bronco Takes Moab

• HTML tutorial

MikeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Springville, Utah
Member #

Took my Family out to Moab last week and had a absolute blast! This is by far the most capable rig Ive ever had. We took it on Poison Spider and Pritchett Canyon. Then explored around town. Being down in moab and seeing all the rigs down there was awesome and gave me the needed motivation to keep building up my bronco.

IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1949.PNG IMG_1950(1).JPG

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Great pics man, love the full size. i just picked up an 85 bronco, cant wait to cruise out towards moab. keep up the good work

Reactions: MikeG

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Nice to see some broncos wheelin! You did Pritchett? I havent run it in a few years and Ive heard its all torn up from the buggies

MikeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Springville, Utah
Member #

Nice to see some broncos wheelin! You did Pritchett? I havent run it in a few years and Ive heard its all torn up from the buggies
We only did some of it. We definitely found the broncos limitations on that trail. We didnt make it past Rocker Knocker. Ive never been past that point of the trail but i have heard it gets really fun!

Last edited:

N8roro

Rank 0

Traveler I

Took my Family out to Moab last week and had a absolute blast! This is by far the most capable rig Ive ever had. We took it on Poison Spider and Pritchett Canyon. Then explored around town. Being down in moab and seeing all the rigs down there was awesome and gave me the needed motivation to keep building up my bronco.QUOTE]

Nice! What year and what tires are you running?

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Oh I so envy you.....I definitely want to make it out to MOAB sometime....My Jeep wants to hit those trails

MikeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Springville, Utah
Member #

I take it that's not your daily driver. How much lift?
It is my Daily Driver. I drive it about 50 Miles a day. And its only got a 2.5" Kit on the front. stock height rear. I was building a platform for it to put a roof top tent on it and wanted it to still fit inside my garage. So i didn't want to make it to big that it wouldn't fit. Ive been extremely pleased with its off-road performance with such a small lift. It goes to show that you don't need a big lift to have a very capable rig. Although this will all change when i do my solid axle....

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
We only did some of it. We defiantly found the broncos limitations on that trail. We didnt make it past Rocker Knocker. Ive never been past that point of the trail but i have heard it gets really fun!
I love when definitely is misspelled as "defiantly" and it makes the sentence even better than than the original. It happens on offroad/camping forums a lot:

1. We defiantly preferred to run 35s on our Tacoma
2. Many people had defiantly been past the road-closed sign before us
3. The would-be buyer was defiantly low-balling us with his pathetic offer for our rig

Grew up with a 85 Bronco. Plain Jane trim with vinyl interior. Benches front/rear. We dragged the family pop-up all over the peaks of God's green earth with that thing.

MikeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Springville, Utah
Member #

I love when definitely is misspelled as "defiantly" and it makes the sentence even better than than the original. It happens on offroad/camping forums a lot:

1. We defiantly preferred to run 35s on our Tacoma
2. Many people had defiantly been past the road-closed sign before us
3. The would-be buyer was defiantly low-balling us with his pathetic offer for our rig

Grew up with a 85 Bronco. Plain Jane trim with vinyl interior. Benches front/rear. We dragged the family pop-up all over the peaks of God's green earth with that thing.
Just updated my post. Thanks for catching my mistake. The bull nose Bronco's are awesome! That generation of Bronco will most likely be my next rig.

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Took my Family out to Moab last week and had a absolute blast! This is by far the most capable rig Ive ever had. We took it on Poison Spider and Pritchett Canyon. Then explored around town. Being down in moab and seeing all the rigs down there was awesome and gave me the needed motivation to keep building up my bronco.

View attachment 51648 View attachment 51649 View attachment 51650 View attachment 51651
Cool picture man, love those old broncos

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My parents loved their Eddie Bauer edition. Used it a couple of years as a hunting rig, and as a sheltered sleeping mat. They only sold it because it started having small issues. It had the right balance of size and function, with that full size cab area. The new Tahoe has become a street queen so if ford was to once again offer offer the Bronco, i would think they would design it with better back seat ingress. Also keep the steel bumper offering.