Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

I've been set on the New Bronco for some time now (hence my Overland Bound name), but made the tough choice to go another direction today. Bronco Reservation Canceled.

From the onset I was excited about the New Bronco and upon the reveal date couldn't be more happier. An American Made Off-Road Vehicle with Heritage and a Coolness factor off the charts, who wouldn't be excited. However, since July my enthusiasm has been gradually eroded and my eyes opened to what else was out there. Without going into too much detail, Ford has been disorganized with the information they provide, dishonest in the pricing and have raised it again, unable to deliver the product on-time (likely a 2022 delivery for most models) and a lack of interest in helping me from my local dealer.

The frustration I had led me to looking other directions and options for my next vehicle. I have a family of 4 and need my vehicle to be a daily driver, excellent in the snow (Live in Wisconsin) and a great Overland Vehicle. Off Road Capability is also required, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't need a Rock Crawler, I need a capable vehicle with comfort, storage etc. so that my family will keep coming with me.

Today I put in my order for a 2021 RAM Rebel 1500. This truck really ticked all the boxes I needed it to, plus an amazing amount of room in the cab, flexibility with the bed and oh the comfort in the cab....The wait is 10 weeks, but I'm excited for our new Vehicle and with Everyone's help and guidance here Build it into our Dream Overland Capable Vehicle.

No Pics to share yet, but I'll get them posted in a few months when we take deliver....Here's to a fantastic 2021 and Hope everyone is staying Positive and Testing Negative.

Thanks.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
In case you haven't found it yet

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Good luck on your choice. The Rebel is a very nice vehicle. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying; I have a 14 July reservation and I am comparing other vehicles constantly. Originally the Bronco was not my first choice, but when it was revealed there was so much about it that I really liked and still do. I am not as upset with Ford as others; I get the whole COVID challenges. My main problem is how they are crowd sourcing this roll out; the video last night on Bronco Nation's Facebook page looked like a hostage video. I am still hanging in there and planning to drop my order in January but between now and then I might be making a few calls to explore some options. If I am going to wait I want to rule out some vehicles so then maybe the months of waiting won't seem so long.

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

Good luck on your choice. The Rebel is a very nice vehicle. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying; I have a 14 July reservation and I am comparing other vehicles constantly. Originally the Bronco was not my first choice, but when it was revealed there was so much about it that I really liked and still do. I am not as upset with Ford as others; I get the whole COVID challenges. My main problem is how they are crowd sourcing this roll out; the video last night on Bronco Nation's Facebook page looked like a hostage video. I am still hanging in there and planning to drop my order in January but between now and then I might be making a few calls to explore some options. If I am going to wait I want to rule out some vehicles so then maybe the months of waiting won't seem so long.
Sounds like we have had the same thoughts floating around our heads. I agree, I don't understand how FORD seems so reactionary and unorganized, Hostage Video, ha! That said, the Bronco does look to be amazing if you can wait things out. Good Luck and have Fun with her once she arrives.

Reactions: ChapEJF

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

In case you haven't found it yet

Hadn't seen that one yet, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Reactions: DevilDodge

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

While not a Dodge Ram, I am driving a GMC Sierra. A friend has a 2 door Wrangler. It's cool and fun offroad but I'd rather be in my Sierra if I'm going any real distance, even compared to a 4 door Wrangler. I imagine the same might be true for the Bronco.

So I'm making some changes to my Sierra that will beef it up a little.

Welcome to the full-size family.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Kind of a weird jump. Completely different vehicle.

Reactions: MazeVX

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Bronco possesses the same fatal flaw the Wrangler does for me, which is inadequate cargo capacity for extended use.

I know there are people who live out of them full time, and more power to them, it ain't for me. Gladiator with a shell on the back is the smallest thing I can imagine living withaand iit may in the end prove to be too small. I will add a Power Wagon in the next few weeks when my order arrives just to provide some relief from the Gladiator without sacrificing too much off pavement capability.

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

A friend of mine has a Rebel, and that is one mean machine! I showed my eldest son the reveal trailer for the Bronco and he went nuts over it. He's 9, and thinks that is the "best offroad vehicle for killing zombies". How he came to that conclusion, well, he's 9. Anyway, I think either choice would be incredible. I grabbed a 2020 Ranger and am happy as a clam with my midsize truck. Still a lot of work to be done to it for overlanding long-term, but I'm in it for the long haul.

Reactions: RamBound

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

Bronco possesses the same fatal flaw the Wrangler does for me, which is inadequate cargo capacity for extended use.

I know there are people who live out of them full time, and more power to them, it ain't for me. Gladiator with a shell on the back is the smallest thing I can imagine living withaand iit may in the end prove to be too small. I will add a Power Wagon in the next few weeks when my order arrives just to provide some relief from the Gladiator without sacrificing too much off pavement capability.
Congrats on the new purchase. Power Wagon looks amazing but I didn’t have enough space in my garage for it. Enjoy and let’s see some pics when she arrives

Reactions: bgenlvtex

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

A friend of mine has a Rebel, and that is one mean machine! I showed my eldest son the reveal trailer for the Bronco and he went nuts over it. He's 9, and thinks that is the "best offroad vehicle for killing zombies". How he came to that conclusion, well, he's 9. Anyway, I think either choice would be incredible. I grabbed a 2020 Ranger and am happy as a clam with my midsize truck. Still a lot of work to be done to it for overlanding long-term, but I'm in it for the long haul.
Ha! Zombie Apocalypse! Heard great things about the Ranger as well.

You know it's exciting to see a new product like the Bronco but at the end of the day, trucks are tools for a purpose.
The Ram is just such a fantastic truck. The interior is best in class, no doubt. I love the coil suspension too.
You have to change your name to RamBound!

I've been set on the New Bronco for some time now (hence my Overland Bound name), but made the tough choice to go another direction today. Bronco Reservation Canceled.

From the onset I was excited about the New Bronco and upon the reveal date couldn't be more happier. An American Made Off-Road Vehicle with Heritage and a Coolness factor off the charts, who wouldn't be excited. However, since July my enthusiasm has been gradually eroded and my eyes opened to what else was out there. Without going into too much detail, Ford has been disorganized with the information they provide, dishonest in the pricing and have raised it again, unable to deliver the product on-time (likely a 2022 delivery for most models) and a lack of interest in helping me from my local dealer.

The frustration I had led me to looking other directions and options for my next vehicle. I have a family of 4 and need my vehicle to be a daily driver, excellent in the snow (Live in Wisconsin) and a great Overland Vehicle. Off Road Capability is also required, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't need a Rock Crawler, I need a capable vehicle with comfort, storage etc. so that my family will keep coming with me.

Today I put in my order for a 2021 RAM Rebel 1500. This truck really ticked all the boxes I needed it to, plus an amazing amount of room in the cab, flexibility with the bed and oh the comfort in the cab....The wait is 10 weeks, but I'm excited for our new Vehicle and with Everyone's help and guidance here Build it into our Dream Overland Capable Vehicle.

No Pics to share yet, but I'll get them posted in a few months when we take deliver....Here's to a fantastic 2021 and Hope everyone is staying Positive and Testing Negative.

Thanks.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

congrats on the new RAM... i am also in agreement on FORD and the Bronco. The Rebel is awesome.. Did you get the rambox?

I looked hard at the Rebel with a rambox before I decided to just rebuild my 100 series land cruiser. for me .. it came down to A.. not wanting a compromise truck (the LC will be dedicated overlander) and B. not wanting a payment. lol.

also, they make a supercharger for the V8 for the Rebel. lol

Reactions: RamBound