Brand New Member, Plan To Tag Along On A Few Outings

• HTML tutorial

Lymitliss

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Hello, I just joined the board earlier this afternoon. My name is Lucas and I'm a master technician living in Seattle Washington. I decided to join the board because I recently bought a new Silverado (first vehicle I've ever had with 4wd) and I'd love to take it out a few places.

With that being said, I definitely did NOT buy this truck with the intention of making it an overland beast. In fact, the overlanding idea was a complete afterthought.
I recently found out that I am expecting my second child and desperately needed a vehicle with more room. I'm a generally a car guy, but I've been wanting something I can tow with, get a pontoon or boat in the bed of, and hold several people (some of them in car seats) comfortably.

I recognize that a crew cab long bed truck is not going to be the most ideal for extreme offroading, but that is the least of my concern. I will be happy if I can join in on some of the more mild courses and trips. I am thrilled with my truck so far, it does some of everything just like I wanted. The way I see if, if there comes a time where I'd like to join in on a trip that my truck would not be suited for, my girlfriend and I can always choose to take her newer Wrangler Rubicon instead. I figure with the choice of two vehicles, we won't miss out on much.

Overland or not, in the near future I am planning to install a mild level/lift kit, and plus size the wheels and tires which will help quite a bit with ground clearance. I also plan to get a nice canopy at some point. I included a few pictures just for fun.

If you are in the area, please feel free to contact me and let me know of any get togethers/hang outs! I am looking forward to learning.

My 2019 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71---

Here I am helping a Tacoma pull that Mercedes SUV out of a snow bank-

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello, I just joined the board earlier this afternoon. My name is Lucas and I'm a master technician living in Seattle Washington. I decided to join the board because I recently bought a new Silverado (first vehicle I've ever had with 4wd) and I'd love to take it out a few places.

With that being said, I definitely did NOT buy this truck with the intention of making it an overland beast. In fact, the overlanding idea was a complete afterthought.
I recently found out that I am expecting my second child and desperately needed a vehicle with more room. I'm a generally a car guy, but I've been wanting something I can tow with, get a pontoon or boat in the bed of, and hold several people (some of them in car seats) comfortably.

I recognize that a crew cab long bed truck is not going to be the most ideal for extreme offroading, but that is the least of my concern. I will be happy if I can join in on some of the more mild courses and trips. I am thrilled with my truck so far, it does some of everything just like I wanted. The way I see if, if there comes a time where I'd like to join in on a trip that my truck would not be suited for, my girlfriend and I can always choose to take her newer Wrangler Rubicon instead. I figure with the choice of two vehicles, we won't miss out on much.

Overland or not, in the near future I am planning to install a mild level/lift kit, and plus size the wheels and tires which will help quite a bit with ground clearance. I also plan to get a nice canopy at some point. I included a few pictures just for fun.

If you are in the area, please feel free to contact me and let me know of any get togethers/hang outs! I am looking forward to learning.

My 2019 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71---

Here I am helping a Tacoma pull that Mercedes SUV out of a snow bank-

Welcome to Overland Bound, Lucas (@Lymitliss)! Congratulations on the forthcoming family member. You are in a great location for finding opportunities to get out and adventure. Unfortunately, you just missed out on the Northwest Washington January meetup (last Saturday), but don't worry, there are more coming.

I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. If you are on the Southern side of Seattle, you might want to check out the South Puget Sound meetups that are just getting started [link].

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Lymitliss

Lymitliss

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Thank you! I look forward to meeting everyone. I'll be sure to make my way over to the regional section. Are meetups always scheduled for Saturdays?

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Thank you! I look forward to meeting everyone. I'll be sure to make my way over to the regional section. Are meetups always scheduled for Saturdays?
I try to very the day of the week for the meetups.

Reactions: Lymitliss