Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Dubois
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3HWK
I love to go out exploring with my Jeep. I have added bigger tires, heavier bumpers, lift kit and a lot more. I am contemplating improving my brake system and was wondering if I should go with a performance braking system with the same calipers or should I install bigger calipers? There are a lot of kits and info online and not sure what direction to take. Any ideas?

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I love to go out exploring with my Jeep. I have added bigger tires, heavier bumpers, lift kit and a lot more. I am contemplating improving my brake system and was wondering if I should go with a performance braking system with the same calipers or should I install bigger calipers? There are a lot of kits and info online and not sure what direction to take. Any ideas?
I assume you have the 308mm/12,1" brakes at front? Well they are a little small for a jeep with bigger tires. If the overall performance is OK and you just want to add durability and fading resistance I would suggest you upgrade your rotors and pads front and back.
The powerstop z36 kit seems to be popular in the US, if available for you I suggest ebc brakes with their 6000 series "greenstuff" pads and their premium rotors or their upgrade rotors.

Reactions: KAIONE

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I changed my brakes to the G2 big brake kit and it has been an upgrade over previous ebc brakes. The downside is that they are specialty part when I need to re-order rotors. They provide a larger caliper bridge to get out further over a larger rotor, much like the teraflex and crown kits do in their basic kits. ( ignore that it's a TJ, It has JK axles lol)

Attachments