Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hadley Massachusetts
First Name
Tim
Last Name
L
Member #

I’m in the market for some new brake pads, wondering if anyone can recommend some. Rig is a 16 jeep jku. Rear galley set up, roof top tent and lifted on 33’s. I was looking at EBC, as I used to use them in my cars, but my cars weren’t this heavy. Thanks for any insight

Reactions: MazeVX

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
EBC is a bit fancy for something that might just wreck them with gritty mud.

I just use Raybestos or Carquest ceramic pads and Wagner or Duralast rotors.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I use Akebono pads on my vehicles. Performs very well and most of all dust-free. Brake dust annoys the heck out of me.

Reactions: 12AMJKU

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I’m in the market for some new brake pads, wondering if anyone can recommend some. Rig is a 16 jeep jku. Rear galley set up, roof top tent and lifted on 33’s. I was looking at EBC, as I used to use them in my cars, but my cars weren’t this heavy. Thanks for any insight
I actually have ebc blackstuff pads with standard quality disks. Works fine, took a bit longer to break in but it's perfect and silent.
Others used ebc greenstuff 4x4, as the name says the are optimized for dirt and such, but highly recommended to use with high quality brake disks like ebc.
Also heard only good things about powestop brakes but no personal experience.

I can only say that I'm very happy with the blackstuff!

Edit: car is a 2012 jku diesel auto with 33" tires

12AMJKU

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hadley Massachusetts
First Name
Tim
Last Name
L
Member #

I actually have ebc blackstuff pads with standard quality disks. Works fine, took a bit longer to break in but it's perfect and silent.
Others used ebc greenstuff 4x4, as the name says the are optimized for dirt and such, but highly recommended to use with high quality brake disks like ebc.
Also heard only good things about powestop brakes but no personal experience.

I can only say that I'm very happy with the blackstuff!

Edit: car is a 2012 jku diesel auto with 33" tires
Thanks for the reply, I’m going with powerstop pads and rotors if needed. So fingers crossed. Also intrigued? Diesel jk? [emoji848] clearly I don’t know my jk’s well.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Thanks for the reply, I’m going with powerstop pads and rotors if needed. So fingers crossed. Also intrigued? Diesel jk? [emoji848] clearly I don’t know my jk’s well.
Jk with 2.8L VM turbodiesel was a stock engine option in Europe.

Reactions: 12AMJKU