Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

And it is a go. Two members of Overland Bound are going to join up with Easter 2016 for a 4 day trip along the border between the Netherlands and Belgium.
We will try to drive as close or on the borderline as possible. That is our goal.
We start at Thorn, The Netherlands, county is Limburg, and we end at Knokke in Belgium at the coast.
And then we turn back and try to find a new route back.

We, Duncan (UK) and me Robert (NL) together with my friends from Germany are already on the list.
As I will drive the Van and Frederique will drive the Frontera, I guess we need two navigators.
So, Micheal and Corrie, come over and join.

I think it will be fun.

More details to come.

Greetings from Robert

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Keep us posted on details... I'll be happy when my children are old enough to travel with. 1 year old and 3 year old boys are not easy to travel with. The older one is ok but the younger doesn't like car rides for more than 30 minutes.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Just train them.
Details will come along during the time. I hope people will jump on when the time comes closer.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Been working on it, the problem is the older likes to throw his shows at his younger brother in the back seat as soon as the little guy falls asleep, which pisses him off and makes him mad, scream, cry...etc.... haha

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

That isnt nice, bring them to me, I am great with kids, They are very obedient when they come back. On the other hand, I think your life will never be the same, as I also teach them all the little games I know how to upset people, let people scream and be a disaster without being nasty.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Unfortunally the meeting will not be an European Overland Bound meeting anymore Duncan/Dunc Man canceled his trip due the terrorist attacks in Brussels. As Belgium is to travel by plane or by sea a bit more dangerous now.
I do understand his way of thinking as he would have a little boy of seven with him. So, I understand and respect his reason.
Still its a shame.

We will continue with just two cars doing the border tour. This can be a bit tricky as well, as the Dutch goverment announced that they will check the border as well. So, this could mean we can run into patrols of Police, Customs, Military Police or even Army (last I doubt)
But as we have nothing to hide, I wont cancel our trip.
Like I am saying, I will never bow for Terrorism.

Greetings from Robert

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey Robert,
Good for you, not letting the terrorists win. I have family in Belgium, and they have told me how bad things are becoming now. I think it's a good thing that they are not allowing free movement across the border anymore, even though it is inconvenient for good people like you.