Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We don't have an abundance of spending money and putting around $100 into one of these just isn't a priority right now. Last summer I grabbed one of the little brick units Wal-Mart keeps at their checkouts for about $6.

It charges with the same micro-usb that my cell phone and tablet use and after an accidental dunking in the toilet, has proven to be water resistant. We carried it to the beach with us this summer and used it for background music in the beach house and for some tunes on the beach as well. It lasts a decent amount of time on a charge and since it uses standard chargers, there's no need to carry extra cables. It will also take a 1/8" line in if you don't have bluetooth on a device you'd like amplified.

I'm happy with how it's performed so far and if I were to back over it at camp or drop something on it in the garage and destroy it, I wouldn't feel like crying.

That being said, I might be convinced to invest in a better one in the future when money isn't so tight for us. The JBL tops that list, having listened to one belonging to a friend. But for a piece of non-essential gear, I've gotta say I'm very happy with my $6 speaker.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

I've just purchased a Bluetooth transmitter that plugs in to the cigarette lighter and then syncs to stereo by way of matching radio frequencies to play Spotify, have navigation voice commands come through the stereo, make hands free calls, etc... I've only had it for a few days but it is working well.
I've just bought one, unfortunately too cheap to be true - it's rubbish!!!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
One thing about JBL is that they're owned by Harmon Kardon who employs (gasp) actual audio engineers and whatnot... They really do alot of research into getting their stuff to sound great. I use some of their pro audio and studio gear and have always been very happy with it.
I still cant beleave the sound qaulity this little box throws out take it every were to follow sports etc Links to phone and truck system

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini II, too, and got the Gel Softcase Skin Cover for it too (only 8.99), 'cause I knew I'd be hauling it around in and out of my van, and a Caseling Hard Case Travel Bag for it too for when it's not being used, which was only 7.99. I've had JBL products before too for home and studio use, but not bluetooth, and absolutely love them.

This Bose popped up in my radar though, and I've always wondered how their smaller products compared, so yanked the trigger on this one. I love it, though wish I could override the volume control on the phone to make the unit go even louder, to see what this cool little speaker can really do. It's a heavy little thing, and I like the charging mount, tho don't think I really need the voice prompts. I'll be hauling it with me again next extended trip and will update this post with anything new I notice.