Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Replaced custom steel Treds rear tire mount as well as my Trasharoo with a Blue Ridge Overland Geear rear tire system. I like this system much better as its high quality durable material but much lighter than my previous setup. An added bonus is the modular abilities of this system.

BlueRidgeOverlandRearTire

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

How do you clean these out, if you put muddy or gross trax back into the bag? I didn't notice a grommet at the bottom or anything, do you just hose it out and flip it over and/or flip it inside out?

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

A garden hose works wonders. Did you just say "gross trax"? [emoji23] these things hold dirty recovery gear it's what they do, they are super easy to clean. Don't think too much into it.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

A garden hose works wonders. Did you just say "gross trax"? [emoji23] these things hold dirty recovery gear it's what they do, they are super easy to clean. Don't think too much into it.
Hey, I'm slightly OCD about certain things, and a bag full of 10lbs of mud on my spare tire is one of them lol

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

You drive a Jeep and you worried about mud? Nice! I think that is full blown OCD.
Caught me off guard a bit as well. haha But then I saw he was from Canada and the stars aligned. I am totally joking I love Canadians, nicest people on the planet.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

@Egan @FozRoamer Totally off topic now, but not all Jeep owners drive through mud puddles, eh... I will extend an open invite to come roll around in our mud though, lets test the bag, how aboot that?

Reactions: ASNOBODY

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

@Egan @FozRoamer Totally off topic now, but not all Jeep owners drive through mud puddles, eh... I will extend an open invite to come roll around in our mud though, lets test the bag, how aboot that?

Next time I'm in BC I will take you up on that, to be honest I'm not much of mud guy either.

Reactions: HudsonZRoamer

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Ill get back on topic..This bag isnt for everybody. Will it get a little dirty? yep. Will you get dirt on your hands and other "gross" stuff when you have to put the recovery mats back in the bag after use? yep. Is the bag built to take a beating in this kind of condition? yep. Is it easy to clean once you get it back home with a water hose? yep.

For the record I hate mud, especially desert mud you could use that stuff and build a nice brick home.

Reactions: Road

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Ill get back on topic..This bag isnt for everybody. Will it get a little dirty? yep. Will you get dirt on your hands and other "gross" stuff when you have to put the recovery mats back in the bag after use? yep. Is the bag built to take a beating in this kind of condition? yep. Is it easy to clean once you get it back home with a water hose? yep.

For the record I hate mud, especially desert mud you could use that stuff and build a nice brick home.
BTW I like the setup, I just don't have an external spare. I have thought about getting a bumper with a swing away rack, but I have plenty of room and would rather spend the money elsewhere right now. I would love to find a way to store trash outside but there are not many options that do not use the spare tire to hang it from.

Reactions: Outer Limit Supply

NoahGenda

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the road
Member #

BTW I like the setup, I just don't have an external spare. I have thought about getting a bumper with a swing away rack, but I have plenty of room and would rather spend the money elsewhere right now. I would love to find a way to store trash outside but there are not many options that do not use the spare tire to hang it from.
Im in the same boat, I have a full size spare under my truck because I am in the camp of keeping the weight low and I have the clearance to where a tire swingout isnt necessary. I love the trasharoo and those types of bags but dont really have a way to mount them. Ill figure something out eventually!

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Im in the same boat, I have a full size spare under my truck because I am in the camp of keeping the weight low and I have the clearance to where a tire swingout isnt necessary. I love the trasharoo and those types of bags but dont really have a way to mount them. Ill figure something out eventually!
I considered hanging one from the rear door hinches or the rack but it would rub the paint off, which probably my excuse to Raptor Line the whole rig, but that would probably wear holes in the trash bag.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have two of BROG's earlier, smaller, versions of their large spare tire bag, made of the same material. He made a bunch for Traction Jack folding traction boards; same exact thing from what I've seen, and strappable to a spare.

The bags are made of heavy duty truck tarp material and are wicked rugged and long-lasting. I've had mind for a few years and have thrown them around with the folding boards inside, under my trailer and on the trail, up on the rack, in and out of the van when in the desert, mountains, wherever. Absolutely no problems with durability, ease of cleaning, or longevity. BROG makes great products and are always evolving with great ideas.