Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I'll start this rant with acknowledging that Blue Ridge Overland Gear (BROG) is very popular and has quality products. However, I do have an issue with their ordering process and customer service. I've tried to purchase their XL bag three times within the last several months. The first time the website showed 14 in stock and I ordered one on line . After waiting over three weeks and not hearing anything, I contacted them and was told that they were back ordered with no eta so I cancelled the order and my money was refunded. The second time I saw several in stock, called and was told they were back ordered. Recently, after seeing six in stock on the website, I called and spoke with Adam and after explaining my wish to purchase and my previous experience, he checked and told me that one would be ready for shipping the next day. As he was getting my credit card info,he said he'd make sure that it was mine. After not hearing anything for one week, I called and again spoke with Adam. He said that he would look into it and call me in a few minutes,this was repeated a couple times. I then called back the next day after not hearing from him at which time Adam told me that the bag was sent to someone else and they were back ordered two weeks or more. Needless to say, order cancelled and I'm waiting for the refund. I get that it's a small business that's very popular but I'm sure they could better then taking an order and leaving the customer hanging by thinking they'd be getting their item not knowing it could be several weeks out. Lastly, It does make me wonder that if I had a bigger Instagram,YouTube or Facebook following would I have already received an XL bag?

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
BROG update; They responded to me on IG with an apology for the mistake made and to make good on the bag. I appreciate their acknowledgement and owning up to it instead of making BS excuses, this shows the true character of the company. That alone shows positive customer service and in turn makes me a life long customer!!!

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Not my experience at all. I've ordered through their website (XL Tire Bag, Tool Bag, and some pouches) and received things in about 10 days.

I also ordered a Deal of the Day with them on Instagram and their response was quick and efficient. Still waiting for that one to show up though.

Reactions: Narbob

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
Based on the above, I will “err” on the side of caution and not order gear from this company. Thanks for posting your experience though

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Based on the above, I will “err” on the side of caution and not order gear from this company. Thanks for posting your experience though
Note that a lot of your fellow Overland Bound members have ordered from BROG over the years and have been exceedingly happy with their products and service.

One bad review, although inconvenient and frustrating for the poster, is not indicative of BROG’s service in general.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Narbob for the review! Good or bad reviews always help me form an option regarding a product or a manufacturer.

In this case my only experience with Blue Ridge is an email conversation about two months ago asking about the new shower tent and if they were going to take deposits on them. The initial reply took a week to get and they stated they would not be taking pre orders and that the unit was still in development but they would get back to me if it became averrable. Ok thats fine with me I thought but last week a buddy showed me a post from them during Expo East and they were taking orders for a decent discount. (no email) My fault for not keeping up with the company.

I checked out the tent at Expo West and it was awesome so I wanted one. Extremely well made and it looked to be better built than the one I have seen imported. Needless to say I will be buying one mainly because its made in the USA and I thought it was a superior product.

Reactions: Narbob and Boort

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Based on the quality of their product and the fact that they reached out to me on Instagram apologizing for their mistakes, I would/will not hesitate to order from BROG. The reality is that they’re small (which probably contributes to the quality) and we (I) need to be patient when ordering.

Reactions: sabjku

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Not my experience at all. I've ordered through their website (XL Tire Bag, Tool Bag, and some pouches) and received things in about 10 days.

I also ordered a Deal of the Day with them on Instagram and their response was quick and efficient. Still waiting for that one to show up though.
I'd like to update my original post as I just received my Deal of the Day from November (11/14 or thereabouts). Unfortunately they forgot to include part of my order. I reached out to them on IG and they got back to me quickly, apologized, and said that individual item was backordered. Was that just as excuse for forgetting to include it or was it actually backordered, I don't know. So we're going on 2 months now and that order is still not useable or fulfilled.

I'd like to say this is a fluke, but it was the same as my first order on the XL bag as well. They forgot to add in the mounting straps, making me wait another 14 days before I could mount up and use the product.

I'd like to add that I do love the quality and craftsmanship of the bags – they really are top-notch. But waiting 2 months for the order to come in, only to have it missing parts is frustrating. At this point they're making it nearly impossible to refer to or order from again.

Has anyone else experienced this with BROG?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
BROG is local to me. Matt and Adam are really nice guys and have always been good to me.

They are currently relocating to a new production/store facility so that may explain some of the current delays.

Reactions: Narbob and Kent R

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Thanks for the input @TerryD and @zach white. I do love their products and their customer service has been top-notch. These are just frustrating mistakes that I've dealt with and things are moving so slow with them.

That said, I'd order from them again but I won't anticipate receiving the item before my next trip haha.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I've ordered from BROG multiple times. Once had an issue of an order showing delivered to an address in Virginia, quick email, they sent a replacement, and then I had gotten the original item. Was able to send that back right away.

I've talked to them via FB messenger about custom items and they were quick to respond. I've emailed a custom item and never got an email back. I've talked to Adam via email multiple times, and originally they were great. I sent Adam multiple emails and never heard back from him. Really the only issue I've ever had from them. This was when Adam was taking over their social media/marketing.

I've had Matt reply back to me within a day or two. I realize it's a small company and they've been getting a lot of demand and growing pains so take that into account as well. I will continue to order from them as everything I've gotten has been top notch.