Blue Ridge, GA

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Wow. Wish we had some water here in Arkansas. We went out yesterday into the National Forest and it said we would cross 3 low water bridges...still haven't seen any water. Haven't had a good rain here in months. Beautiful shots there bro. Love the Georgia outdoors.

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
Wow. Wish we had some water here in Arkansas. We went out yesterday into the National Forest and it said we would cross 3 low water bridges...still haven't seen any water. Haven't had a good rain here in months. Beautiful shots there bro. Love the Georgia outdoors.
Brofessor, its funny you say that. I lived up on holiday island for a year, worked over at roaring river lodge. We would get off work and go play around in the river near lodge. Check out these old school pics from Arkansas, Teddy brosivelt.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Brofessor, its funny you say that. I lived up on holiday island for a year, worked over at roaring river lodge. We would get off work and go play around in the river near lodge. Check out these old school pics from Arkansas, Teddy brosivelt.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Wow bro. You were throwing water like Tim TeBro! Lol. Love that area up around Greers Ferry Lake. So beautiful and a great afbrodesiac.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Report from Blue Ridge WMA and Cooper Creek WMA as of today.

Was hoping to hit Tray Mountain and Charlie's Creek today but a number of factors just made that hard to accomplish. But I did get up this morning and decided to take a few hours and hit Blue Ridge WMA and Copper Creek WMA. Entered Blue Ridge WMA off Georgia 52 east of Amicalola Falls at Nimblewill and headed north and up in elevation. When we hit the ridge tops we were in a lot of snow still left from last week. Even the trails where still covered in snow and ice and it was markedly cold. Headed up Forest Service 28-1 and then up Winding Stair Gap to Rock Creek and out at Hwy 60. We went East on 60 with a short detour to Deep Hole Campground and what a fantastic place to camp. One family with their kids were in fact camping there.

From there we headed into Cooper's Creek WMA and north with a brief stop in the Cooper Creek rec area to check out one of the best trout fishing spots in all of Georgia as some trout fishermen told me. Son and I are thinking seriously about taking up fly fishing.

From there we dumped out onto US 76, a quick grub stop and headed south through the car wash. The Tundra was heavily muddied up pretty bad but on the way home we drove most of the way in the rain and by the time we got home the truck was mostly clean. Will hit the carwash on the way to work tomorrow and give it a good underwash but otherwise killed a few hours with some good off road fun.

Heard tell that the DNR opened up about 50 miles of side trails in Blue Ridge WMA and spotted quite a few side routes that I need to check out but I was traveling solo today and not a good idea to get adventurous. Get a couple of more rigs in the mix and some of these sides roads need to be explored.

Reactions: Tim N Michele Davis

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Great way to spend some time with family on thanksgiving. Probably heading over to Tray Mountain or Hurricane creek tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nice rig. What is your tire/suspension setup if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
I did a rancho 4" lift. It has new spindles and relocates everything to make for good driveline angles. I then did bilstien 5100 series shocks. I'm running 18" ×10 wheels with 35 x 11.50 nitto MT tires. I'm happy with how it performs and looks. Only negative is it spreads front wheel tract out a little more than stock. To even it up I would need to do rear wheel spacers. I'm not a fan of spacers so......idk. Just been runnin it.

Reactions: southernfire97

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
Going to be up in Elijay weekend b4 Christmas so i am probably going to ride up to Hurricane creek and check it out. Will also probably do cash's valley again, kids love it.

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

I did a rancho 4" lift. It has new spindles and relocates everything to make for good driveline angles. I then did bilstien 5100 series shocks. I'm running 18" ×10 wheels with 35 x 11.50 nitto MT tires. I'm happy with how it performs and looks. Only negative is it spreads front wheel tract out a little more than stock. To even it up I would need to do rear wheel spacers. I'm not a fan of spacers so......idk. Just been runnin it.

Thanks. I’ve got that truck in a half ton and am looking for ideas on building it.

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
I'm a fan of as little lift as possible with as much tire as possible. I would start your research by looking into the "norcal fender mod". Guys swear they run 35's without rubbing, just leveled out doing the mod. Not sure how big u want to go but its a direction to look into.
Thanks. I’ve got that truck in a half ton and am looking for ideas on building it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using OB Talk mobile app

clmautz

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Auburn, AL, USA
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Mautz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BLI
Nice posts! I rent a cabin just north of Deep Hole on the Toccoa, one of my favorite places to fish. That, and the dam to TN border. These look nice, maybe next time I go I'll take my fly rod AND Jeep and get in some sights... Thanks!

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Did you happen to map out your drive?
No but if you go to Google maps, it's pretty straight forward. Both Blue Ridge and Cooper Creek have opened up trails the last few months but Big Game season closes in 2 weeks so waiting to see what gets re-gated after the new year or does it stay open into small game and then Turkey season in early spring. Or are they opening these trails for good. Heard recently that about 50 miles of previous closed trail in Blue Ridge alone have been opened for OHV traffic. Going to try and reach out to the DNR to get an idea of their plans but also their thought processes as it relates to trails and trail closures.

If these open trails hold into April, I'm on vacation for a week and I may spend it in the Blue Ridge/Rich Mountain/Cooper Creek area and at that point I'll do more in the way of mapping at which I'll post as well.

soarvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford, GA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey Keith,

I'd be willing to get out and explore some of those trails with you. I've been dying to get out, but don't want to get too adventurous by myself.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Soun
Hey Keith,

I'd be willing to get out and explore some of those trails with you. I've been dying to get out, but don't want to get too adventurous by myself.
Sounds good. There is a side trail in BR WMA that has a nice size grassy meadow that I want to check out that might make a good spot for a large group, maybe even to camp at. The thinking maybe a early spring kinda off grid rally deal for those of us in the area.

After the holidays hit me up with a PM or post here in this thread and use one of my posts to quote me to make sure I get an alert and we'll do that.

A bunch of us are planning a one day ride on the eastern part of the Ga. Traverse and you are more than welcome to join in. Watch for the next week or 2 for an official meet up and ride announcement in the Meet up forum.