Moment4Life

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Cross
Just got a 17 inch with lid/hood and bag and have to say this really changes cooking and it will be a new dynamic in the wild for camp meals. I seasoned the griddle part in hone oven with olive oil and baked at 450 for 30 40 minutes then did some bacon and eggs , and so easy to clean up when finished. If you haven’t tried one I think you will like it, 17 inch easy to pack in rig and go.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
LOVE a blackstone!
brother-in-law bought the 17" last year and took it camping with us. i was impressed and got one and love it. i also bought the 22" for the back patio at the house and bought the pizza oven attachment for it. that was a great purchase because it will get up to over 900 degrees and make pizzas as good as the wood fired ovens do.

i took a perforated pizza pan and put it on the 17" grill and placed a few small pieces of broken tile between the grill and pan to give an air gap and with the lid closed, it also makes a great pizza. it is an awesome grill!

i did adapt the 17" grill with a hose so i can use my 11# propane tank and went with a big heavy spatula to do smash burgers. we just used the 17" in north goergia last month...nice cool mountain morning with bacon, eggs and hashbrowns on the grill...insanely good!
there are so many good recipes on youtube for the blackstone (well really any flat top grill)

excited for you! its definitely a game changer

1676336470866.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn

Moment4Life

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Cross
Oh man, pizza maker yesssss I just looked that up and yep camp pizza heck yes. I have a Traeger and steaks smoked and then seared on griddle holy Toledo it’s that good. I ordered a accessory kit with squirt bottles and scrapers, spatulas etc from Amazon for $36 and it’s in a small zip up pouch

Reactions: grubworm

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
I got a Blackstone 17 for Christmas, and look forward to some back country griddle cooking. My only sadness comes from having to use those little green coleman bottles. I have a lifelong hatred of those things, having picked up countless empties people have left behind at camp sites. I bought an adaptor so I can refill them. Will eventually buy a more realistic 5 gal tank probably.

Reactions: grubworm

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Can anyone give me the dimensions. I'm looking at the 17" with the carry bag. All I find is the griddle size.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Thank you. I want one and it looks like I have a spot to put it in my trailer. All my heavy items are in their own divided compartments so nothing bangs into each other driving down dirt roads.

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newman Lake, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

I stopped packing mine because of weight. Now that I built a trailer and took the weight off the rig. I put it back in. I like that you get no flairups and it seems to take less fuel because you heat the cast iron. By the way. both of mine are from Walmart. They sell Blackstone and the prices are lower because blackstone produces a line just for them it has black dial mount instead of stainless.

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
I picked up a practically brand new one of these at a garage sale for $40! Even came with the hose and regulator for hooking it up to a big tank. Looks like it was used maybe 2 times. Didn't need it but couldn't pass that up that deal. Very nice to cook on.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Yea ive been wanting one for awhile now and it may happen before our next trip