• HTML tutorial

m0to

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego
Member #

Hello gang!
I have the opportunity to pick up a used MOAB Fort XL for around $6,500. It doesn't come with the RTT but I have one. New, this lists for around $9k on the site. Is it worth it to save the money or just save another 3k and get the new one? I've also been looking at the Taxa Woolly Bear.

Anyone else running one of these trailers?

Thanks!

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Hello gang!
I have the opportunity to pick up a used MOAB Fort XL for around $6,500. It doesn't come with the RTT but I have one. New, this lists for around $9k on the site. Is it worth it to save the money or just save another 3k and get the new one? I've also been looking at the Taxa Woolly Bear.

Anyone else running one of these trailers?

Thanks!
I’ve got the Woolly Bear. Purchased it new last summer and it’s been great. I’ve got a thread on this forum somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m0to

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego
Member #

I’ve got the Woolly Bear. Purchased it new last summer and it’s been great. I’ve got a thread on this forum somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're thread is one of the reasons I am looking at the Woolly Bear :-)

Too bad the closest dealer to me is 7 hours away and non-responsive :-(

Kris022

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Houston, Texas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5UXO
I was looking at the Moab Fort as well, but not the XL. If you have an RTT, that would be a good money saver right there, and perhaps use that money saved to buy additional parts/accessories for the trailer. I was told by them if you have an annex, or plan to add one later, you would have to get the tent lift system (if it doesn't have one), because the tent will be too low for it. It's about $500 for the manual lift and $1000 for the 12v. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: m0to

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I have Moab Fort which I bought with all the bells and whistles. Which I’m very happy with . Well built trailer

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: m0to

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I was almost going to get the 12v lift glad I didn’t , it pretty easy to lift manually

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Kris022

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Just picked up my Fort XL from Ron and the crew last weekend. Drove down from SLC and took it on its maiden camping voyage for a couple nights on the way back. Incredibly well built trailer and very, very happy with it so far. I’d say that if anyone is considering pulling the trigger on one of these, go with more options than you think you’d need/like, as its worth it no doubt. I went with the full bells & whistles pretty much, and the few I didn’t get I am going to add after the fact (off road jack stand, articulating hitch receiver).. after tent camping for 30 years, having this (and the RTT) completely changes the game and super excited to have it! :smiley::sunglasses:
925B013B-5E86-4E8D-9671-6FECF874379C.jpeg
D4CCF736-A2C2-4342-BD0B-95A826AD012C.jpeg
FC6BFC82-697A-441A-B118-B1650A83969B.jpeg
493A4941-FE14-4EA1-B4B1-F7D9F1099126.jpeg

Attachments

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Welcome to the club . Just had my one year anniversary of picking mine up , loving it :)

Reactions: UTDez23

AntB

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey OzzieH, how has that Moab Fort XL been treating you? Kinda liking the looks of it and kinda liking the Taxa Wooly Bear. So I am reaching out to you to find out your input on the trailer you have? Pros Cons kinda thing if you could help

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Hey AntB, it’s a well built trailer. Have gone on several camping trips and it’s met our expectations. I am glad I made this purchase. Nothing bad to say.

Reactions: UTDez23